Southbend hd hydraulics leaking

WheresmyPower?

I have had my hd hydraulics from southbend for over a year. I have had no problems at all the whole time. Until yesterday I went to go to work and lost all my peddle. I turned around parked looked and all the fluid was gone. Filled it back up drove for a day and it was empty again today. I was wondering if anyone has ever had any issues with these? I am assuming I am going to have to spend another 375 but am wondering if I should go with a setup from valair. If anyone could be so kind to shoot me their two cents I would greatly appreciate it.

its a mechanical part with threads and seals and moving parts

100 out of 100 parts arent perfect

did you call southbend? im sure they would be inclined to help your situation

have you looked to see where its leaking? perhaps you can just replace one of the square orings in the fitting end.

its leaking out of the push rod for the clutch fork it looks like. All the fluid is coming from down there. I have not had a chance to pull it out I was going to give south bend a call at lunch. I was hoping it was just some sort of seal that you could replace. Just tryin to see if anyone else has ever encountered this. I appreciate your replies OrangeNV and K204DR.

if your running a big dual disc 3850# or more, we have seen that it really stresses the hydro's, you can replace just the slave if you have the patience to bleed the air out. But of course I cant speak for southbend, we use the oem manufacturer FTC which will say AP on the cylinders.

It is a 3600#.... is it a ***** to bleed the air out? Is there even a bleeder on the slave? thanks for your response

Ive been told by some pretty reliable sources that you can go get the same hydraulics from advance, or a seal kit for that matter, and it will work with what you have. Just go pick up a slave from advance, put it on, bleed it (yes there is a bleeder) and be done with it. just replace the slave though, you want to keep the braided stainless line. I have done this personally with two of their HD Hydraulics, and both are still working flawlessly as of now. Good luck with it.

there is no bleeder on a dodge hydraulic system, unless it is aftermarket design, but personally I havent seen one. But bleeding can be done if you have some patience

ended up being a bad slave cylinder. replaced it and works good now. from the way its built its no wonder it went out so quickly. Everything is just made out of plastic these days. Planned obsolescence lol

Back