Spacer to mount external wastegate between manifold and top turbo?

YES THEY DO AND NO IT ISNT A STRAIGHT BOLT ON - it takes a wee bit of modification as the adaptor wont clear bolts on one side
Yes i have one installed - I had to drill and tap the adaptor for different bolt locatiosn and then drill the manifold for a different bolt location
I wouldnt do it again
I would make one first

YES THEY DO AND NO IT ISNT A STRAIGHT BOLT ON - it takes a wee bit of modification as the adaptor wont clear bolts on one side
Yes i have one installed - I had to drill and tap the adaptor for different bolt locatiosn and then drill the manifold for a different bolt location
I wouldnt do it again
I would make one first

where did you get it from?

so the holes didnt line up whats up with that? seems awful thick also, think that would set my top turbo off a ways...

the adaptor is designed for studs, and your manifold is designed for studs.

There isnt enough meat around the body of adaptor to allow grinding to use a bolt or nut in place of a stud

The adaptor is exactly as thick as 2 - 3/8" flanges and that outlet port will allow.

Yes it does move your turbo about 3" but in my case that was a bonus for my twins

Industrial Injection makes a nice external wastegate adapter that bolts right on.
They had pics of it on their home page, but now I cant seem to find the pics.

adapter

tony, i'll send a pic of the II's adapter if you want to post it for everyone.

Here is the II piece. Its alot thicker than the one I have cnc'd recently for a couple guys.

Attachments

• WGATEAD.jpg
    WGATEAD.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 90
my only concern is with a spacer that thick it will screw up locating the top and bottom turbos and associated plumbing. am I overthinking this or.....?

how does the wastegate attach to the round hole? I dont see any bolt flanges, nor a ring for a clamp?

How much give or take to buy one
where and when available

I would liek one for the slight angle it gives.
thanx
Ken

You would weld a pipe to that one and then attach your gate. The larger flowing higher end gates have v-band flange mounts. At least the ones we have work with do.

my only concern is with a spacer that thick it will screw up locating the top and bottom turbos and associated plumbing. am I overthinking this or.....?

The top turbo moves out a bit but the adjustment on the bottom turbo is not much as far as clocking it. When you have a setup like this it jsut move teh hot pipe closer to the A/C hard line, no big deal!

I got to see the first one of these last summer, it is a hung of metal and is no joke.

Jim

I tried one of the II first spacers was to big.I had to make something different messed all my pipe fitment up.

Looking at carfichris's setup he sent pics to me of, it is smaller then that II setup and probably the way to go.
Thanks for the Info everyone!

Back