Speed chart for nv4500

snyder

Hey guys I'm getting into sled pulling with my 98 24 valve cummins with the nv4500 with 4.10s...I can't seem to find the right gear...I can't get it off the line in 4th gear low but 3rd low my wheel speed isn't fast enough...a link to a speed chart for this transmission in 4 wheel drive high and low would be greatly appreciated...suggestions would also help...thanks

Go at the top of this page and open the sticky labeled gear selection. Spreadsheet will let you plug in axle ratio and tire size. I had 3.54 axle ratio and worked good in 3rd low, but is weak link in the NV4500. Your best bet is to adjust tire size and/ or axle ratio so that you can run 4th gear.

2nd high seems to hold up better than 3rd low from what I have seen

I pulled 2nd high for 10 years launching at 4360rpm for the last 3 years. It is the best gear for you until you get to 750hp, then 4th should be no problem. I ran 33" tires and averaged 27mph down the track.

anybody have preferences on where to go, or where might be any bit cheaper for a carrier and ring and pinion to run 4.88 for a dana 60/80???

Use a ring gear spacer on the 60. Unless you need to street the truck probably cheaper to buy a spool for the rear.

called and left a message with both companies to get some quotes... thank you gentlemen

Haha! I sent you a PM about a clutch quote about the exact time you sent me one for gears... thank you sir, we'll be talking soon...

Sent from phone

Back