Speeding ticket

Lt your a joke!!! How hard is it to follow the speed limit? Follow the rules and youd be good. Your whining about something that was entirely your fault.

As far as the OP he probably wasnt too far off on the age statement. Unless your prior service that is but with your inability to follow directions Im guessing your pretty young.

My wife and I have now deployed 5 times and not once have I been pulled over and her lead foot ass hasn't either.

Its simple follow the posted limits and you'd be good.

I dont mean to come across as a dick but, this is silly and I dont feel any sympathy for you. However I am glad you chose to serve your country with the rest of us in the military.

I never said it wasn't my fault, only that its ridiculous that we have traffic cops in this environment whose sole job is to sit and radar traffic speeds. They don't do ECP or perimeter security, SOC does. They don't do DV security, PSDs do. They don't respond to attacks, QRF teams do. They're traffic cops. My engineering unit (and the larger Army EN BDE that we support) is being slashed, but the traffic cops are multiplying!

I wasn't asking for sympathy, just highlighting the ridiculousness. And whining a little at the same time :D Somtimes it's not an "inability" to follow directions, it's a concious decision to accept the risks involved. I do have a "lead foot ass" though....:ft:

By the way, 4 pages :Cheer:

I never said it wasn't my fault, only that its ridiculous that we have traffic cops in this environment whose sole job is to sit and radar traffic speeds. They don't do ECP or perimeter security, SOC does. They don't do DV security, PSDs do. They don't respond to attacks, QRF teams do. They're traffic cops. My engineering unit (and the larger Army EN BDE that we support) is being slashed, but the traffic cops are multiplying!

I wasn't asking for sympathy, just highlighting the ridiculousness. And whining a little at the same time :D Somtimes it's not an "inability" to follow directions, it's a concious decision to accept the risks involved. I do have a "lead foot ass" though....:ft:

:clap:

I actually agree totally.... That's why you'll never see me apply to be on a traffic unit! I like making a difference with responding to crime calls!

Good post about accepting the risk VS not following directions!!
Totally accurate! But Its a rarity (sp?) that people accept responsiblilty for their actions when they get caught though...

I agree Lt it is just silly that everything is now contracted out!!! I should get out and get into a civilian ecp position. SP's dont even do it anymore. The only time I see one at a ecp or gate is to B.S or its K-9 doing searches. Whats next K-9s going to get contracted out. However our SPs still take care of perimeter security. On the other hand the Gate guard/ecp cops are now doing traffic stops also, so who knows.:Cheer:

DAAAAAAAAUUUM!! We are all about to be replaced by civilians. Time to transistion to the other side.

Lt your a joke!!! How hard is it to follow the speed limit? Follow the rules and youd be good. Your whining about something that was entirely your fault.

As far as the OP he probably wasnt too far off on the age statement. Unless your prior service that is but with your inability to follow directions Im guessing your pretty young.

My wife and I have now deployed 5 times and not once have I been pulled over and her lead foot ass hasn't either.

Its simple follow the posted limits and you'd be good.

I dont mean to come across as a dick but, this is silly and I dont feel any sympathy for you. However I am glad you chose to serve your country with the rest of us in the military.

Well, now that all depends on what he was doin when he got the ticket. How hard the mission is being pushed can also be a factor. I was in Talil in '08 with Red Horse workin graveyard. When they say you gotta move and get sh!t done in a hurry they mean it. I got a ticket for goin 80 clicks in a 40 on the back side of base where nobody but us was working driving a lowboy haulin a Cat D-7. I tried to tell the dude that the bad guys are out there not in here and we had sh!t that had to get done in a hurry, but he wasn't hearin any of it. I think most the MPs are just pissed off about bein MPs, plus it's their job. Yeah, yeah, before somebody starts hammerin me for speedin I know I wasn't supposed to but you do what you need to to get the mission done sometimes.

First off the tool shack writing for 10k over is a little BORED... Oh, I forgot 10KPH.

I pull the Navy cops over in town all the time for speeding. I cut them loose with warnings mostly educating them that every stop does not have to end with a ticket being issued. I won't stop for speeding until you're 10MPH over, and usually don't write until you get to the 17-18MPH over range. There's other things to be picky about. 10KPH is only going to get people to bash on you and disrespect you. If you're in the wrong, you're in the wrong. But 10KPH, isn't that like 2-3 MPH? Who cares. Go write tickets to people walking around with their hands in their pockets, overspeeding SE, or just driving like a jack-ass.

I would take a ticket to my department and frame it, so we could all laugh and joke about the insecure little boy or girl who cut the cite.

Now, if you were going 30KPH over and they only wrote you for 10KPH over, that's an entirely different story.

P.S. Being a squid launch aircraft from a carrier makes me feel pretty insignificant with all the war stories of you guys that are out there on the ground. Be safe and come home in one piece. I will be out again fixing the birds that turn everyone's electronics off sooner than later.

If you got a ticket that a police officer wrote kph he is an idiot and id go to court and win.

Well since were making a point of spelling its actually kmh not kph you all argue spelling errors yet you miss the biggest one the unit of speed you are referring to.

The kilometre per hour (American English: kilometer per hour) is a unit of speed or velocity, expressing the number of kilometres traveled in one hour. The unit symbol is km/h or km·h−1.
Worldwide, the km/h is the most commonly used speed unit on road signs and car speedometers. Along with the kW·h, km/h is the most commonly used metric unit based on the hour, the latter being a unit for time accepted for use with the International System of Units by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures :eek:wned:

If you got a ticket that a police officer wrote kph he is an idiot and id go to court and win.

Well since were making a point of spelling its actually kmh not kph you all argue spelling errors yet you miss the biggest one the unit of speed you are referring to.

The kilometre per hour (American English: kilometer per hour) is a unit of speed or velocity, expressing the number of kilometres traveled in one hour. The unit symbol is km/h or km·h−1.
Worldwide, the km/h is the most commonly used speed unit on road signs and car speedometers. Along with the kW·h, km/h is the most commonly used metric unit based on the hour, the latter being a unit for time accepted for use with the International System of Units by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures :eek:wned:

you're an idiot.

Before you make ignorant a** comments about someone being an idiot, and going to court and winning a case such as this, realize what forum you are in and learn how the discipline process works in the US armed forces.

Before you call someone out for spelling, learn how to use complete sentences.

You "owned" someone just because you copied a definition out of a dictionary? I dont think so.

Comp D man law---- Use of Owned - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Before you make ignorant a** comments about someone being an idiot, and going to court and winning a case such as this, realize what forum you are in and learn how the discipline process works in the US armed forces.

Before you call someone out for spelling, learn how to use complete sentences.

You "owned" someone just because you copied a definition out of a dictionary? I dont think so.

Comp D man law---- Use of Owned - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

:eek:wned:

There are two kinds of traffic tickets you can get on a military base. One is a United States District Court Violation (DD 1805) and the other is an Armed Forces Traffic Ticket (DD 1408). The DD 1805 is a regular district court ticket like you would get anywhere else. It is issued by the military police but is enforced by the local government, and it can be given to anyone driving a non-government vehicle on a military base. A DD 1408 is given to those driving a military vehicle, or in some cases where the driver of a non-military vehicle is on active duty, a dependent of someone on active duty, a government contractor, or a government-employed civilian.

Fighting the Ticket
Make sure you were issued a ticket and not a warning. When military police on post give you a warning they will issue a DD 1408, but they will check the box that says "warning." This is not a ticket, so don't try to fight it.

If you are on active duty, notify your chain of command right away if you get an actual ticket. The chain of command will be at least your first-line supervisor and your First Sergeant. If you were issued a DD 1805, your unit may never find out, but you don't want to risk that. If you were given a DD 1408, it will go straight to your unit. If you are a dependent, inform your sponsor so he or she can talk to the chain of command. If you are a government contractor or other civilian, talk to your supervisor. You can identify the ticket by looking in the lower left-hand corner; it will say DD 1805 or DD 1408.

Request a meeting with your company commander so you can explain the situation. In the case of a DD 1408, the commander is the one who makes the decision on your punishment. You may be able to avoid punishment if you speak to the commander before the ticket gets to the unit.

Take the ticket to the base Judge Advocate General (JAG) office if you or your sponsor are on active duty. JAG is the military legal office that assists active duty service members for free, either by giving advice on legal matters or by representing them in court. If there are special or questionable circumstances regarding your ticket, JAG may help you fight the ticket.

Show up in court to fight a DD 1805. This is a regular traffic ticket that is enforced by the city or county where the base is. The military police will coordinate with the local court, so be prepared to see them the day you go to court to argue your case

OK so i read this Article i don't know if i can post on here cause it came out of a source other then myself. Can i post things like this or do i have to re word all the crap i post on here so it makes me sound smarter as if i made it up my self. ENGLISH is my 4th Language so sorry for the inability to use proper grammar its only been 3 years speaking this language i try on the spelling.
I guess i should of reworded the kph part in my own words then put owned behind it.

As far as learning us armed force laws seems like the Law is Law to me all you need is a way to find the mistakes in it and prove the officer is wrong or made a mistake. I have been to court 17 times and won every time even with my poor sentence building skills. You win them on technicalities in my eyes . Being that its an official document upheld in court i would assume that it has to be written in a acronym that is recognized by the courts.

There are two kinds of traffic tickets you can get on a military base. One is a United States District Court Violation (DD 1805) and the other is an Armed Forces Traffic Ticket (DD 1408). The DD 1805 is a regular district court ticket like you would get anywhere else. It is issued by the military police but is enforced by the local government, and it can be given to anyone driving a non-government vehicle on a military base. A DD 1408 is given to those driving a military vehicle, or in some cases where the driver of a non-military vehicle is on active duty, a dependent of someone on active duty, a government contractor, or a government-employed civilian.

Fighting the Ticket
Make sure you were issued a ticket and not a warning. When military police on post give you a warning they will issue a DD 1408, but they will check the box that says "warning." This is not a ticket, so don't try to fight it.

If you are on active duty, notify your chain of command right away if you get an actual ticket. The chain of command will be at least your first-line supervisor and your First Sergeant. If you were issued a DD 1805, your unit may never find out, but you don't want to risk that. If you were given a DD 1408, it will go straight to your unit. If you are a dependent, inform your sponsor so he or she can talk to the chain of command. If you are a government contractor or other civilian, talk to your supervisor. You can identify the ticket by looking in the lower left-hand corner; it will say DD 1805 or DD 1408.

Request a meeting with your company commander so you can explain the situation. In the case of a DD 1408, the commander is the one who makes the decision on your punishment. You may be able to avoid punishment if you speak to the commander before the ticket gets to the unit.

Take the ticket to the base Judge Advocate General (JAG) office if you or your sponsor are on active duty. JAG is the military legal office that assists active duty service members for free, either by giving advice on legal matters or by representing them in court. If there are special or questionable circumstances regarding your ticket, JAG may help you fight the ticket.

Show up in court to fight a DD 1805. This is a regular traffic ticket that is enforced by the city or county where the base is. The military police will coordinate with the local court, so be prepared to see them the day you go to court to argue your case

OK so i read this Article i don't know if i can post on here cause it came out of a source other then myself. Can i post things like this or do i have to re word all the crap i post on here so it makes me sound smarter as if i made it up my self. ENGLISH is my 4th Language so sorry for the inability to use proper grammar its only been 3 years speaking this language i try on the spelling.
I guess i should of reworded the kph part in my own words then put owned behind it.

As far as learning us armed force laws seems like the Law is Law to me all you need is a way to find the mistakes in it and prove the officer is wrong or made a mistake. I have been to court 17 times and won every time even with my poor sentence building skills. You win them on technicalities in my eyes . Being that its an official document upheld in court i would assume that it has to be written in a acronym that is recognized by the courts.

You have my permission to go away. Is German one of your spoken languages? Then let me put it another way......Verpiss Dich.

You're my new hero you know a swear word in another language Special. thanks for coming out, I didn't know you're the deciding factor on this forum and i need your personal permission. Are you one of those guys that as soon as you mention you are from a different country you say you're swear word from that language and stare with a smile, like somebody should give you a pat on the back. Twoja stara ciagnie psu
retard-win-the-prize.jpg

You're my new hero you know a swear word in another language Special. thanks for coming out, I didn't know you're the deciding factor on this forum and i need your personal permission. Are you one of those guys that as soon as you mention you are from a different country you say you're swear word from that language and stare with a smile, like somebody should give you a pat on the back. Twoja stara ciagnie psu
retard-win-the-prize.jpg

A Pollock from Canada? Are you kidding? I'm sooooo intimidated!LOL

Back