Spicer/Eaton swap help??

swamp_ratt

Snootchie Bootchies
For those of you that have swapped a Spicer or Eaton, what are you doing to operate your clutch? I'd like to retain the hydraulics from my truck rather than retrofitting mechanical linkage. Also does anyone have a part # for an sae2 flywheel housing for a 6bt with the starter on the intake side? Oddly enough, all I'm finding are sae3 housings

I'm getting ready to go that route. I plan on swapping in a Eaton 6 speed behind my 12v p-pump motor. The hydraulics from what I've read require a "push type" slave cylinder. These are available from Jegs or Summit Racing. I'm not sure about the bellhousing. Mine was from a 24 cummins so it's a direct bolt on.

I went with a mechanical linkage when I did mine. I don't know if the hydraulics would be strong enough or have enough travel to make them work. I swapped in a 10spd though. Weller truck parts in Nashville helped me with the clutch and bell housing. I would imagine they would have the part number for the engine adapter as well. The dual disk clutch from them was only ~$400.00.

Back