Spit and sputter at 17k RP

K80

This thing is doing weird things that I can't put my finger on what to replace/look at. At 17k rail pressure and 17-1800 rpm ish it will spit, sputter and do that kind of neat things. At low rpm and past 17k it fuels and runs fine. I was thinking fuel leak and maybe something related there. I went over all of the lines and nothing was loose.

The other strange part of this is that I think my Airdog is getting a bit tired. At startup it's at 15psi. After about 30 minutes of driving it drops to 9 but stays there. When it drops to around 9, the sputtering does not completely go away but gets better.

I went over the lines and swapped FCA's between the pumps with no notable difference. Anyone have any ideas or direction to look?

Who tunes it? Have you checked to make sure you don't have any odd cell causing it to only do this under specific conditions?

Who tunes it? Have you checked to make sure you don't have any odd cell causing it to only do this under specific conditions?

Silverbullet and no I didn't plug it in. I figured EFI isn't going to tell me much more than I can see with gauges. That might be next though. Plop a stock tune in it/check return rates ect.

Silverbullet and no I didn't plug it in. I figured EFI isn't going to tell me much more than I can see with gauges. That might be next though. Plop a stock tune in it/check return rates ect.

Thats what I would do. Stock tune and see if it still has the issue.

bifbifbifbif

umm EFI will tell you EVERYTHING. log it during the sputter. see if its RP or FCA or what.....

Little update... The truck sat for a couple weeks for some hitch work, swapping new wheels and tires and an oil change. After all this and driving it home 45 minutes the damn thing doesn't sputter, fart or huccup at all. Almost like all it needed was a break. I have no idea how this happened and don't want to jinx it either. I swear this thing is possessed.

Back