'Splain something to me...

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
This EFI live thing. Can anybody become a Tuner? Wouldn't this invite folks who dont understand diesels to tune them and grenade trucks (ala Choke_on_my_Smoke)? Just wondering, I have seen several threads comparing tune to tune and HP wise they are usually within 2-3 HP. I wanna know what the fuss is all about, and why folks call 3 HO on the dyno a "win" for thier camp..... It is 3 HP... somebody could fart really hard in front of the dyno and cause better airflow making 3 hp...

Not trying to start a war, cuz that crap will not fly here, but I really would like to know what the process is to become a Tuning Guru.

EFI live is a tool. People have been tuning gas engines for a long time with these type of tools. EFI live, LS1 Edit and HP tuners come to mind. Will people blow up thier trucks? I'm sure some will. I would hope though with any tool some one would at least have the concept of what they can and cannot change.

Just like Dyno's are tools. I could give a rat's azz what a truck or car for that matter puts down on a dyno. The track is the real test of any tune :woohoo:

Kat said:
The track is the real test of any tune :woohoo:
Dang straight, That is why I get tickled at the 3HP victories LOL. Thanks for clearing up the tuning thing. I didnt realize any schmoe with a laptop could buy the stuff and be a certified tuner.

I'm a supporter of EFILive. Not that I would attemp to tune a truck :umno:

But it has allowed McRat to make the nesscary changes on Casper to go from a VVT to a normal turbo :woohoo:

I just love that woo hoo guy LOL

I like the woo hoo guy too. So Pat has made an lb7 out of an lly?

According to him, he has an LL7 :ylsuper:

He had a problem melting the LLY and LBZ chargers so he had to go aftermarket.

I'm glad I have an early LLY and don't have that problem :rockwoot:

But Pat has worked LS1 edit on our car so he is not new to tuning. Now he has the tools to dial in the trucks :drive: Just like dialing in our car it takes lots of track time.

I'm currently enthralled in a thread where there seems to be about 1 hp diffrence between tunes and a little more than a trenth on the track. From what I see, folks wanna slam the tuner more than the tune. LOL Glad I have a Dodge LOL

Timbeaux38 said:
I'm currently enthralled in a thread where there seems to be about 1 hp diffrence between tunes and a little more than a trenth on the track. From what I see, folks wanna slam the tuner more than the tune. LOL Glad I have a Dodge LOL

The Dodge guys that I know wish they had a tool like EFI. Good thing for us GM guys that you don't. I watched a 3rd gen go into torque management on launch and buck it's way through the traps at 108mph last weekend.

I just program out torque man. and the speed limiter, and away I go:ylsuper:

Timbeaux38 said:

I'm glad you have a dodge too.:bang :dead-horse-fast2:

I'm not knocking the product at all. I think it is great. I guess I'm just saying that I am glad that the heated tuner debate does not exist on the Dodge side. We have enough problems talking trannies LOL

got to love it the $$$ eating sheep is back !!Martini time MIKE !

C.A.P said:
got to love it the $$$ eating sheep is back !!Martini time MIKE !

That is not money. He is eating grass. :bigsmile: Another 2 hours and it's martini time.:woohoo:

that 3 hr difference is a killer in CA.:huh:: Im already up on ya !!! :ylsuper:

C.A.P said:
that 3 hr difference is a killer in CA.:huh:: Im already up on ya !!! :ylsuper:

Just remember I will live 3 hours longer than you.:1tooth:

partsguy662 said:
Or maybe longer when california breaks off and floats to japan...LOL

:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

LOL Keep smiling, Kat..But keep your bathing suit handy...
discomonkey.gif

Back