Sponsor Demographic Poll

MilesBeyond300

Hi all, I am doing a small demographic study and could surely use your feedback. The blog has a poll right now which asks what sponsors you are most like to support within the sport? If you have a minute to vote, it would be very helpful. You could certainly post your opinion on here as well.
The categories are:
Seed/Ag Companies
Technology Based Products
Apparel/Boots
Food/Beverage
Automotive (Oil/Battery/Tires)
Other
www.milesbeyond300.com
Thanks so much!
Miles

Last edited:
Take this for what its worth, but for me, I buy the products I like for whatever reason it is that I like them (better product, brand loyal, whatever) of which, what pulling vehicle their logo is on makes absolutely ZERO difference in my purchase.

This next statement probably won't gain me many friends either but IMO, it's a waste of marketing dollars. I doubt very seriously that any company gets their money back in sales derived solely from their company logo being any particular racing vehicle.

For instance, if I'm buying BF Goodrich AT tires for my pull truck, it's because they are proven winners, not because I saw their logo on whoever's vehicle.

Exceptions are winning shop trucks and winning trucks advertising XYZ parts that they have on their winning truck. Like Haisley stickers, or Harts, or Engineered Diesel, or Precision, etc. I'd say they have better return on their dollars IF the trucks their stickers are on are competitive. People will go to the shops/parts that are winning. I don't see them going to buy a new pair of Justins/Wrangles or buy XYZ Seed or implements, etc. just because a truck they sponsored won.

Take this for what its worth, but for me, I buy the products I like for whatever reason it is that I like them (better product, brand loyal, whatever) of which, what pulling vehicle their logo is on makes absolutely ZERO difference in my purchase.

This next statement probably won't gain me many friends either but IMO, it's a waste of marketing dollars. I doubt very seriously that any company gets their money back in sales derived solely from their company logo being any particular racing vehicle.

For instance, if I'm buying BF Goodrich AT tires for my pull truck, it's because they are proven winners, not because I saw their logo on whoever's vehicle.

Exceptions are winning shop trucks and winning trucks advertising XYZ parts that they have on their winning truck. Like Haisley stickers, or Harts, or Engineered Diesel, or Precision, etc. I'd say they have better return on their dollars IF the trucks their stickers are on are competitive. People will go to the shops/parts that are winning. I don't see them going to buy a new pair of Justins/Wrangles or buy XYZ Seed or implements, etc. just because a truck they sponsored won.

You should vote other I guess. ??? LOL

Some companies just need a tax write off.

I meant to mention that khaos. I understand some of the sponsor dollars are for write-offs rather than actual marketing expenses.

My opinion remains though that little returns are seen with exception to the ones mentioned previously.

Could a sponsor on here affirm that or argue that?

Thank you all for the feedback. I have been trying to gather more data to learn about the demographics of the sport. I have been able to talk to some of the sponsors of Miles Beyond 300, and they can tell me of customers that were direct leads from the blog. Other sponsors may not have received a single inquiry. It is hard to be able to decide which sponsors to target within the motorsports niche.

I guess I see NASCAR sponsors popping up everyday and I wonder how they can justify the expense. The activation they receive from an event presence with Jeff Gordon, or whoever must be very beneficial.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Back