Sponsor wants to Wrap the pull truck, how much $?

How Much

• $1000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $2000

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • $3000

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • $4000

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • $5000

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • $6000

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • $7000+

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ya would definitely be in the 10k range that's only 3300 a year.I don't know what your expenses are but does that much even cover entry fees and fuel let alone if something breaks. Especially if something breaks they arnt gonna want you to sit out the end of a season if something breaks since they are paying for you to be out there.

5-10 would be a good range to shoot for. If you can pay for all your travel costs for the year that would be a good start. Closer to 10K if you go to Scheids and TS or some of the bigger pulls. And as said before if you can get it in a magazine the price would go up, even a farm magazine would be better for the sponsors side.

I would want to know where they stand in the event there was a major break that you couldn't immediately afford to fix. Back when we were racing most sponsors wanted to be guaranteed on how many races the cars would be in.

full wrap would be 10k a year plus the wrap or at least the design portion of it paid for

im leaning towards around 5k. i dont go to scheids or TS so i think 10k is a lil high and he is basically looking for northern illinois/southern wi area to get the name out anyways. i was thinking of just asking for $200-225 a pull and i'll make at least 25 pulls a year. so that puts me right around 5,000 even if he jews me down to 200 a pull. i think it would sound more reasonable if i did 200 a pull vs just saying 5000.

To many unknowns, need to see what the rest of the sponsorship package includes.

got approached by a sponsor wanting to do a full body wrap for 3 years. they got an estimate and it would cost them $3200 just to wrap my hood, roof, and the sides of my truck. (no windows or weight bar). What's everybody think is a fair $ amount to ask for per year for 3 years. (they're covering the cost of the wrap)

I made 27 hooks last year in 3.0 between NTPA, ISP, and Badger Tractor. Its a new regional seed company looking to get their name out there.

wrap that thing so that it looks like a dodge!

Figure your fuel cost to get to all your events you are doing, divide that into how many events & bill them 2 weeks before you leave, make it due on the day you leave . that way if you break & can't make the event your sponsor doesn't get cheated .

Figure your fuel cost to get to all your events you are doing, divide that into how many events & bill them 2 weeks before you leave, make it due on the day you leave . that way if you break & can't make the event your sponsor doesn't get cheated .

That makes sense.

This is interesting. I have a pulling sled and have been approached about putting a wrap on it. Cost to do it would be similar to what it would be for this truck so this is some good info.

If I have learned anything in helping my friends with sponsorships etc, it is to make sure your sponsor covers your costs as part of the sponsorship. They should give you a set sum of money, plus cover your costs to rebrand your team. If you were given $10,000, you could easily spend that in crew shirts, tee's, firesuit, and hero cards. The truth is, they should cover all of that which ultimately increases their cost. The true value of the sponsorship will be based on the number of impressions you can create for the sponsor. Contact several wrap companies to get quotes as there are many out there. I recently have been exposed to the craftsmen ship of Steel Skinz Graphic, and can speak highly of their work. This is a great topic for discussion among all of the pullers.

http://www.milesbeyond300.com

I thought I was doing good when local shop wanted to slap a sticker on my truck and sell everything to me at cost. To bad I wasn't able buy very many parts before they went under.

^^ This ^^

What John says makes a lot of sence, and even tried to get my company to do something similar when we sponsored the 2 teams last year. While I didn't completely agree with how they wanted it handled, my hands were tied. I think both teams were happy with what was offered to them, and plan on the same amounts (shooting for more) this year. On top of the sponsorship money they got, we supplied them with Hats, and they recieve exhaust products for free while under the sponsorship...as long as the product is being used on the competion vehicle or vehicle pulling them. Both teams did very well and we are happy to have helped them out!

It really comes down to negotiating a deal both you and your possible sponsor can work with.

Good luck, and congrats!!

Back