Spool Flange results with 467

madmikeismad

So mad
This is pretty much going to look like me climbing someones leg to swing from their nuts. I'd post it in a thread already started if I knew which one to post it in.

When we installed it, I backed off the pre-boost and the starwheel because I was already hot and smokey. I went a little too far, now I'm damn near smokeless until 30psi and then it starts to haze pretty thick.

Cruising EGT's are down over 100* to 600* at 55mph on average roads (little up and a little down).

The fun part (coasting at 1000rpm/25mph locked in OD, and then holding it to the AFC limit):
2psi at 1200rpm
4psi at 1300rpm
6-7psi at 1400rpm
10psi at 1500
fully lit by 1650rpm.

With more fuel I'm sure it would be faster, it feels laggy LOL It comes on real smooth like compounds. If it's not locked, just in OD, the tires will spin under 55mph if the roads even look slick. I can also cruise at near idle rpm now with the converter locked, so when I come into towns with speed limits I can just slow down, and then speed right back up when I get through. My mileage has gone up considerably.

Last edited:
Going back to your other thread, this is a S467 billet wheel with the 83mm turbine and 0.90 t4 exhaust housing.

Fueling is still 5x.016s and comp dvs?

Looks like you have had some good results.

Going back to your other thread, this is a S467 billet wheel with the 83mm turbine and 0.90 t4 exhaust housing.

Fueling is still 5x.016s and comp dvs?

Looks like you have had some good results.

67/83/.91 or .90 (whatever you want to call it LOL) T4 billet/racecover 95lb/min
5x.016's, Comp cuts, pump does 500cc@17mm, 40psi lowest fuel pressure
Hamilton 181
Switched to a steed for the clearances

Very good results

So its acting like my twins but easier to tune... I hate you.

I'm sure your setup pulls way harder up top though. Hell, it's probably better through the whole curve. And I'm sure your pump is better. And you should have ran that big monster you had!

Last edited:
Well dang, sounds like its working great for you. I'm not too impressed with mine. I think I got my boost leaks fixed, but its still a lag pig. At 70 mph my egts are like 900-1000 on flat ground, and it gets hot fast when I mash it. I hate this truck lol.

Well dang, sounds like its working great for you. I'm not too impressed with mine. I think I got my boost leaks fixed, but its still a lag pig. At 70 mph my egts are like 900-1000 on flat ground, and it gets hot fast when I mash it. I hate this truck lol.

You have to have other issues. I don't know if weston got to you or not, but which volute (front/rear) did you block with the valve?

Ill be watching this... I like the sounds of this.

There's been a fix for spooling large chargers out for a while and it works better than anything. It's called efilive. LOL

Just poking fun! Mike, it's good to hear you're getting it dialed in! I'd love to try a setup like this sometime.

I think I'm gonna convert my 12V to an injection system from a D-Max just so I can use EFI Live. Anybody have any ideas on what to do with the 2 extra injectors? Flame throwers for a set of stacks maybe?

Ready for my test ride along when you get back with my gifts from Papa Snedge. :D

Great info. I've been wondering about trying one under a GTX4294 secondary, but I just hate to mess with it when it's working fine with what I have.

I will post some results when I get mine installed on a single GTX45 on a 6.7 Cummins.

Back