Sps66?

mhuggler

One piece at a time
Hello all, new member here. I'm interested in getting on board with the group buy on I.I. turbos, specifically the super phat shaft 66. Future mods iclude mach 4's, smarty, and possibly a HRVP. Do I have enough fuel to get by now or will it be lag city? How about the regular ps66; does anyone still run one of these(or sledpuller66), or has it been pretty much deemed obsolete?

I've been running one for almost two years now and i really liked it. I just sold it to a friend and i am waiting on a Silver Bullet now. I am running a stock hx35 for the time being til the Bullet shows up. I sure miss that 66, the stocker hits 10 psi.....15......20......25 and nothing happens :hehe: . That 66 was gone after 10psi. :rockwoot: I can't wait to try out the Bullet

Dave

DBraunig said:
I've been running one for almost two years now and i really liked it. I just sold it to a friend and i am waiting on a Silver Bullet now. I am running a stock hx35 for the time being til the Bullet shows up. I sure miss that 66, the stocker hits 10 psi.....15......20......25 and nothing happens :hehe: . That 66 was gone after 10psi. :rockwoot: I can't wait to try out the Bullet

Dave
About what rpm did it light off at? Do you think it would be about the same on mine?

About 1600 it will light off big time. You sure you want to drop the coin?? Or was that your brother that was the cheap one?? J/K

I think Z is about right, somewhere near 1600 it's gone. I don't really watch the tach a lot, just feel how it drives. Hard to say how it will act from one truck to another, tuning, gears, tires, lots of stuff comes into play there. With your 3.55's and manual trans you should be able to light it easy. I run a tight DTT converter, 305/70's and 3.55 gears and i thought it came in just fine. I have had a lot of help with my afc tuning which really improved spool up. And I run a nicely ported head and a Hogue cam which helped spool up as well.

Dave

Not when your pinned, but when it takes off. 24V will light it sooner though.

zstroken said:
About 1600 it will light off big time. You sure you want to drop the coin?? Or was that your brother that was the cheap one?? J/K
LOL I knew you'd have to say something about that! That was my brother(user name was Matthug) with his "undervalved Cummins".LOL He's out of the game for a while, got married and had to sell it unfortunately. I can't believe that thing takes off @1600; my 40 lights around 1500 and I thought that was pretty good!:rockwoot:

We truck pulled with one and that is when it really lit. A Silver Bullett lights off to the moon about 1800-1900

How far back can you adjust max boost on the sps66? I still haven't done anything headgasket-wise yet..... I know!,I know!:blahblah1:

Forrest Nearing said:
I'd run a quicker spooling turbo if all you want is 40psi
It would only be temporary. I still need to get head studs, ect. I realize that sort of thing should come first, but the group buy is now.:woohoo:

romeo4540@aol.c said:
Who had a group buy going on II turbos?
I am interested in an II SB64 if someone has one going.
Did you find it yet?:chug:......:D

mhuggler said:
Hello all, new member here. I'm interested in getting on board with the group buy on I.I. turbos, specifically the super phat shaft 66. Future mods iclude mach 4's, smarty, and possibly a HRVP. Do I have enough fuel to get by now or will it be lag city? How about the regular ps66; does anyone still run one of these(or sledpuller66), or has it been pretty much deemed obsolete?

If your going with mach 4's i would look at a 64mm charger. It would best fit and spool good.

dzlfarmboy said:
If your going with mach 4's i would look at a 64mm charger. It would best fit and spool good.
From what I've gathered pouring over turbo threads, there seems to be a big difference in spool between a 62 and a 64, but not a whole lot between the 64 and the 66. So I thought, what the heck? Might as well go all out!:Cheer: If anything, I'd rather grow into the 66 than the other way around. I'm not afraid to put the juice to it!:rockwoot:

mhuggler said:
From what I've gathered pouring over turbo threads, there seems to be a big difference in spool between a 62 and a 64, but not a whole lot between the 64 and the 66. So I thought, what the heck? Might as well go all out!:Cheer: If anything, I'd rather grow into the 66 than the other way around. I'm not afraid to put the juice to it!:rockwoot:

Well if you were stayin with 4's go with the 64, even if you plan on spraying nitrous, if thats what you meant. you really dont need a large compressor wheel size, just a big good flowing exhaust side for all the drive pressure to escape while spraying, which makes the stainless steel exhaust housing nice cause they can take the heat and they have dual 1" wastegates. Big power has been made even with 62mm chargers while sprayin $.02

SPS66 is ordered!:woohoo: Dzlfarmboy can give me a "I told you so!" if it doesn't work; his post makes sense but my brain don't!LOL And to think...Zstrokin thought I wouldn't pull the trigger.:shake: ...:hehe:

Back