SQHD Axle Info

MTUJeeper

I'm looking for specs on an SQHD like ring gear diameter, splines, etc. How do they compare to an H172? Thanks, Christian

they are similar to the 172 but ring and pinion are alot cheaper. 172 r&p $1400, sqhd around $300. SQHD came in 80's road tractor

I was wondering the same thing. They run those in Super Stock tractors so they must be pretty strong. :ft:

I'm considering it for a monster truck. Pins in 106s get sheared a lot, as well as other problems with pushing pinion bearings out, etc. Why are 172 gears so much more?

nobody makes after market r&p for the 172 so you have to go through rockwell to get them that why they are so much.

We have a SQHR in our 2wd with 5.16 and planiteries.

Dale

If they are 1 3/4 10 spline (coarse), wouldn't a 172 be stronger because they come in up to 40 spline and is roughly the same size (1.70"). What is the difference in ring gear size. Thanks, Christian

Its all in how you look at it. Normally axles in these rearends are not the weak point, the R&P is, if your ok with spending $1400 a crack if you break 172 thats cool. I have 40 spline here at the house, but if i break it, i can break an SQHD 4-5 times for the same money.

Back