srw to drw

ben99

I have an 05 3/4ton duramax that I'm putting a flatbed on and want to run duals on the back. Can I just bolt on a set of duals and go or do I need a dually axle? Also were there any major differences between the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks? Thanks!

No major differences I know of. I'd think the wheels would hit the springs w/o spacers. Have you considered buying a flatbed for a single wheel truck ?

I'm not a huge fan of them and I tow a trailer pretty much every day so id rather have the duals for more stability. I'll have to do some measuring for the springs tomorrow I guess.

Looks like its not gonna be as easy as i thought, anybody got a dually rearend for sale? or want to swap?

Just get some billet steel spacers for the rear wheels. Use the same axle. Wheeladapter.com builds nice ones and he quick. Retired drag racer he is too.

I was a little leary of using spacers. I tow alot, sometimes very heavy and was worried about their durability...

St. Louis mo. If he's somewhere close I have a heated shop with a lift we could swap them at.

As long as you use billet steel ones from fred there shouldn't be a problem. The aluminum ones however I wouldn't use.

Back