Stacking chips

powerstroke95

Are there any chips that will stack with an Edge Evolution. I tried the TS 6- position chip, and it wouldnt start. Would the Bully Dog 6- position work?

They have to be similar. Edge Evo stack with Edge Juice, Bullydog 6 pos. chip stack with power hound module.

DieselFord05 said:
They have to be similar. Edge Evo stack with Edge Juice, Bullydog 6 pos. chip stack with power hound module.

Are you guessing or do you know from experience....

With the bullydog combo I know. My friend has it on his 7.3. He has over 100k coal blowin' trouble free miles. With the Edge stuff, I've just heard from others that it works.

Dieselford05 where does this power hound plug in at? I have the bully dog 6 position chip and have been wonderng for a while if there was anything that would stack to it? The chip is plugged into my computer under my dash, so i wondered where this power hound module plugs in at?

Under the hood on the drivers side. Somewhere between your airbox and the firewall. Once you plug it in it stays there. It has a 2 or 3 position toggle switch that you can mount to the dash and use along with your 6 position dial. I think it's good for another 50 hp on top of what you have.

DieselFord05 said:
I think it's good for another 50 hp on top of what you have.

:umno: Dyno that combo and get back to us. Most stacked combos only yield 15-25hp over the other unit. This is usless without dyno graphs to prove you get anything.

Now a dodge is another story.

ive got a ts performance and i was wondering if anything would stack with that. its a 97 powerstroke

I have a 95 and I have a custom burned 4 position from beans and I have it stacked with an edge ez.

don't know haven't dynoed yet. Will post numbers when I do.

Listen to the voices of experience, a good custom chip will run better than any stacked combo and cheaper to boot.

Theres only so much you're going to get out of stock injectors anyways, and when you decide to upgrade wouldn't you rather have a setup you can have re-tuned for the upgrades?

I have a flashpaq on its lowest setting uploaded along with transmission tune and a banks big hoss bundle with the six gun w/ pda running the SL level in my truck. I first had only the flashpaq, then got the banks total package. I was gonna sell the flashpaq, but began to understand (at least my understanding) that the banks tuner is not a tuner but really a "reacting to inputs" fuel management system and by giving up my flashpaq tune, I was losing the benefit of having a transmission tune among other things like rev limiter and speed limiter removal. SO I tried both, it works (and has been fine for two months) and I am really happy with the power curve and my fuel mileage is awesome. I've gotten over 22 on highway only driving and maintain 19-21 with everyday short trip driving. Been snowing where I am the past week, so I decided to try driving in 4wd for a week and have maintained 15 mpg. Not sure if my results are impressive to anyone else, but they impress me enough to be happy with my investments.
For anyone interested, my tranny temps are in the 150 range after driving 600 miles in 10 hours, prior to changing the pan to a mag-hytec deep pan, those temps were in the 185-190 range.
I would be grateful to anyone with any advice about my tuning combo if they have experienced or know of any adverse effects of my choice. I am well aware of the potential to fry my transmission if I put too much power to it and that remains a concern to me, so any input from the forum is appreciated.

Thanks for reading my first post!

alvispace said:
I have a flashpaq on its lowest setting uploaded along with transmission tune and a banks big hoss bundle with the six gun w/ pda running the SL level in my truck. I first had only the flashpaq, then got the banks total package. I was gonna sell the flashpaq, but began to understand (at least my understanding) that the banks tuner is not a tuner but really a "reacting to inputs" fuel management system and by giving up my flashpaq tune, I was losing the benefit of having a transmission tune among other things like rev limiter and speed limiter removal. SO I tried both, it works (and has been fine for two months) and I am really happy with the power curve and my fuel mileage is awesome. I've gotten over 22 on highway only driving and maintain 19-21 with everyday short trip driving. Been snowing where I am the past week, so I decided to try driving in 4wd for a week and have maintained 15 mpg. Not sure if my results are impressive to anyone else, but they impress me enough to be happy with my investments.
For anyone interested, my tranny temps are in the 150 range after driving 600 miles in 10 hours, prior to changing the pan to a mag-hytec deep pan, those temps were in the 185-190 range.
I would be grateful to anyone with any advice about my tuning combo if they have experienced or know of any adverse effects of my choice. I am well aware of the potential to fry my transmission if I put too much power to it and that remains a concern to me, so any input from the forum is appreciated.

Thanks for reading my first post!
Sell the Six Gun and Flashpaq and get an SCT from DJ @ http://www.dj-performance.com/ or Doug @ http://www.gogodiesel.com
You will gain power and your tranny will thank you.

This is my second powerstroke with superchips products. I hadn't really researched other chips until well after I put the banks stuff on this truck. And for the most part, SCT has the support of most everybody on these boards. This truck will last many a few years just the way it is and I'll try SCT on my next one. I thought about mentioning this in my original post, but I didn't waste the time because I couldn't possibly imagine that the first reply to me would be to trash what I've got and use what you got. Maybe I should put a line in my signature that states

"I know, I know... SCT is the way to go, I will next time."

Back