stainless braided brake hose kit

JOESHTRDDSL

Nothing Special
Searched and didn't find much. Anyone ever find a kit that replaced all 5 hoses. If not who makes the best kits? Don't mind spending the money I just want high quality and good fit.

Only kits I have found were for the front calipers and the splitter for the rear have not found anything for the actual rear calipers. They were also longer for lifts.

Contact Cary @ CT Performance He did a 5 piece set for a stock height Excursion for a friend of mine a while back. They fit like stock.

I followed the suggested advice and contacted Cary, he hooked me up with a set of 5 from Crown. Anybody have pictures of how the front lines should be routed?

J

The fronts come down from their respective frame brackets, inside of and between the upper and lower control arms and on to the caliper leaving an open loop with enough slack to allow full steering, lock to lock, without pulling the slack out.

I recently installed a set of stainless braided lines on my dad's '06. We pried open the hold down bracket that's between the control arms and reused it on the braided lines. Only problem with the front lines is the fittings that the shop used were too large to go through the brackets on the frame. We removed the passenger side bracket and opened up the hole for it. Even then, the groove in it for the clip wasn't wide enough, so for now, we zip-tied it. Maybe we can make a snap ring work in the clips place. The driver side bracket was a different story. We couldn't easily remove it as it had other steel brake lines being held by it. All we could do was run it outboard of and zip-tie it to the bracket.

One issue for the rear was the shop that made the lines could not find a replacement for the distribution block so they had to cut the old fitting off and braze another fitting on to make the stainless braided hose attach to it. They searched through every brake parts distributor they could find and still came up with nothing. They said being metric is why they couldn't find one. Seems like there are enough metric fittings out there among plenty of the import vehicles. Somebody has to have one.

Last edited:
Back