Starting isseus

ALB6L

Hey all,

My dad has a 99 cummins with a fass fuel system.. Hes had it on the truck for a little under a year. In the last month or so hes been having problems starting in the morning, like its loseing its prime. The pump starts up when you turn the key like normal but when it doesn't start the pump will start up and stay on for a min+ after we go threw this once or twice it will start right up.. We have looked for any leaks but came up with nothing.. Has anyone come across this?

Been there a few times. There is a tiny leak some where that is allowing the fuel to go back to you tank. It might not leak fuel but it will allow air to come in and fuel drip back. Mine did that several times, ive just gave each fitting a turn and eventually found the right one.

I had this problem once too and what fixed it for me was Changing the Oring on the connector tubes between the injector and the injector lines in the head.

Do a search there are a few things that can cause this problem. Like return fitting banjo, sealing washers on any banjo in the system, including the one on the back of the head, orings on conector tubes to the injectors, injector orings, a feul bowl thats not sealing right, a bad feul tank cap, and theres a valve on the sending unit in your tank (just cap the open nipple on the sending unit to solve this one) This issue really sucks and can take time to find. I have been thought it and bought a few parts trying to figure it out. If you park with the nose uphill the problem probably get worse so park nose downhill till you find the isssue.

Back