starting issues

12vcummins96

lovin those huffers
Ok guys here is the deal Clifford (aka lostnwalmart) and i were reinstalling my twins on the truck today when we got close to being done i went to start the truck to get the chargers some oil the truck started to crank then stopped abruptly
put a battery charger on still nothing so we replaced the starter
still the same click
what do you guys think any help would be great
im leaving the battery charger on them all night
and will try to signal my starter with a power probe tomorrow
but just want to know if anyone else has had this issue and what was there fix
Thanks guy

all the wires tight and not broken i have seen a few where the nuts were loose and would make intial contact and once it starts to crank it will loose contact. also see where the wire is broken part way through and the vibration from the engine cranking will seperate the wire.

If the terminals are molded to the wire the get coroded. Hold the terminal in one had and work the wire in cycles and see if crap falls out. That use to happen on my Dakota. Just trying to help.

If the terminals are molded to the wire the get coroded. Hold the terminal in one had and work the wire in cycles and see if crap falls out. That use to happen on my Dakota. Just trying to help.
good and clean

check your grounds to the block

i can start the truck with a power probe on the solenoid wire by the fuse box

i just replaced the ignition switch and still no avail
checked the wire after the ignition switch with the ignition switch turned to the start position and get 10.4 volts
im dumbfounded

good and clean

i can start the truck with a power probe on the solenoid wire by the fuse box

i just replaced the ignition switch and still no avail
checked the wire after the ignition switch with the ignition switch turned to the start position and get 10.4 volts
im dumbfounded

So at the starter. On the ignition wire with the key turned to crank you have 10.4? On the bolts not the connectors on the end of the wires and does the signal from the key go to the computer then to the starter?

Last edited:
just throwing it out there...

Neutral switch???

that was the culprit
i got a schematic out eliminated every possible thing it ended up being the plug on the safety switch had cam lose enough not to make contact

Thanks guys for all the help:Cheer:

Back