steel diesel aux transfer tank

Schwinn68

diesel fanatic
The tank is made out of 11gauge steel and painted flat black. It's a very solid tank as most tanks are made out of 17 gauge steel. all the seams were welded inside and out and it has baffles . It has mounting tabs welded on the bottom and handles welded on top. the tank is 22" x 28" x 40" It comes with an 18gpm pump and a 15' power cord that has clips to hook up to a battery. It has been primered and painted flat black. click on the link to see the picture

img00043201003192308.jpg

You weld all the seams inside before you put the top on and then send a gremlin inside to do what you cant reach

LOL I don't want to bust yer ballz too much, I just thought that was funny to claim. My mechanical engineer office mate was trying to figure out how to do it, until I told him, "Dude, just go to lunch." :D

You lay the lid on top. Then attach a really big probe to the tank, and one to the lid. Stand clear and throw the switch!

you guys are brutal but I'll play along ;)
sorry #2

All the seams except the top are welded inside and out. The bottom part was made first so I could weld the inside seams. I then put the top plate on after I had already installed the 2" couplings for the fill and pump. I left that seam for last since fuel shouldn't be at that level anyways so It should be just fine only having weld on the outside. The tank also has a 1/2" drain plug at the bottom of one of the side panels.

Is 400 for the tank and the pump or just the tank? And about how many gallons does it hold?

400 is for everything, tank, pump, hose, filter, wiring. It is a rectangle tank. 40" wide by 28" deep by 20" tall. It you want, I can get a couple better pics of it.

I have two side rail tool boxes in my truck so I made the tank narrow enough to fit in the bed and still allow both of the lids to open.

Back