Steel roofing for walls?

D45

Anyone using corrugated metal/steel roofing sheets for wall sheathing inside their garage/shop area?

I have paper faced insulation between studs and hate drywall

I like white tin on the inside. Makes it brighter or at least seem brighter.

I know I few guys that have it on the inside. Either the price was cheaper than other materials or they do a lot of grinding or metal work and better with all the sparks.

Anyone using corrugated metal/steel roofing sheets for wall sheathing inside their garage/shop area?

I have paper faced insulation between studs and hate drywall

It's the best way to finish a shop IMHO, never need to worry about mold or stains. A good pressure washer makes white steel look like new again.
D929384D-6304-4EC5-87ED-27B4A6B87495.jpg

This is the best photo of the inside of the shop I have, but it's all white steel on the side walls and celing.

I know a few people as well that have done the inside on white tin. Looks good when done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our shop has white tin that was done many years ago and still looks decent, definitely makes it brighter . On the ceiling it has reflective insulation panels.
y6yvute2.jpg

Last edited:
We have 15k square foot of buildings done with white steel interior, and my 2 car garage at home is done the same way. Nothing else even compares in my opinion.

Don't let anyone talk you into the perforated white steel that helps deaden sound, it's a bear to clean and gets dirty easy.

We have white in our shop. Hang the sheets with the ridges vertical. That way there isn't a ledge for dirt to sit on... $.02

Any issues or insulation related problems with air sealing with these ridges on these panels?

Just use self tapping sheet metal screws?

Metal Sales Pro-Panel II 3 ft. x 10 ft. 29-Gauge Steel Bright White Roof and Wall Panel; $27.32

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Metal-Sales-Pro-Panel-II-3-ft-x-10-ft-29-Gauge-Steel-Bright-White-Roof-and-Wall-Panel-2314339/204783225#specifications

---------------------------------------------------

Metal Sales 10 ft. Classic Rib Steel Roof Panel in Galvalume; $21.49

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Metal-Sales-10-ft-Classic-Rib-Steel-Roof-Panel-in-Galvalume-2313341/204289009

--------------------------------------------------

Fabral 144-in x 26-in 31-Gauge Plain Corrugated Steel Roof Panel

http://www.lowes.com/pd_12475-28906-4736008000_0__?productId=3050351&Ntt=steel+roofing&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dsteel%2Broofing&facetInfo=

---------------------------------------------------

Any ideas on which is better?

Most people use the classic rib style you posted. Surely you have a building supplies place close to you. Are you in northern Indiana? Ramco in Rochester has some decent prices. That is who built my shop.

Most people use the classic rib style you posted. Surely you have a building supplies place close to you. Are you in northern Indiana? Ramco in Rochester has some decent prices. That is who built my shop.

I am in NW IN

I have Lowes, Home Depot, and Menards that I plan on checking out this weekend

I don't know how big your shop is, but keep in mind that all metal interior can cause noise echo. I have 16 ft sidewalls in my 60x75 ft shop. I went up 8 ft with 3/4" tongue and groove OSB. I have not finished the top half off yet, but going to use some perforated rib steel. The perforations will let some of the noise go thru the wall, rather than bounce off, causing the echo. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know how big your shop is, but keep in mind that all metal interior can cause noise echo. I have 16 ft sidewalls in my 60x75 ft shop. I went up 8 ft with 3/4" tongue and groove OSB. I have not finished the top half off yet, but going to use some perforated rib steel. The perforations will let some of the noise go thru the wall, rather than bounce off, causing the echo. Just my 2 cents.

Don't let anyone talk you into the perforated white steel that helps deaden sound, it's a bear to clean and gets dirty easy.

Ask them about liner panel. It does not have as much corrosion resistance as the exterior grade, and is cheaper.

Thanks....I'm pretty pumped also

Local business with great price

Back