steering problem....popping sound when turning

Cummins_311

I have never had the death wobble until the other day.....which had a reasoning I believe. The shop who had installed my leveling kit, I assume never tightened the passenger side track bar bolt as I found it like this yesterday after I received the death wobble at 70mph! Never had an issue before! So I have to highly think this below as the culprit! Only thing crosses my mind is the shop never tightened it???? Cause I never had the issue EVER before. Oh and the nut was gone, I had to go order one from the dealer so that bolt was almost out.
bolt.jpg

These were also loose a little which I cranked down the best I could.....
IMAG0724.jpg

I tightened everything up and it seemed good. Steering was tight. But today I now get a "popping" sound when making a sharp turn randomly. Doesn't do it all the time. But making a quick trip in town it would do it 2-3 times......is something else loose? I haven't brought it in the garage and checked yet as I'm about to go to bed but I'll check in the morning. Just wondering if someone knew the cause of it?

Last edited:
It probably wallowed out the panhard bar bushing, I would look there fist.

That will cause it, and is most likely the cause, but leveling kits have been associated with death wobble too.

check the hole at the axle side, my bolt was tight but my 3 inch kit needed a longer bar/ bracket .... mine wore the hole out a little had to weld washers on the tab to center the hole

My truck had a bad popping noise when turning or driving on a unlevel road.. My cross member's bolts (the cross member under the tranny) where slightly loose letting it flex and make noise.

Back