Steps to 600hp on #2 - what pump work is needed?

Ken in AZ

ill-tempered
Well, here I am and those are my mods below in my sig.
I want to hit 600rwhp with the water/meth but it really doesn't matter as I consider water/meth a non-drug

What else do I need as far as pump work?
DV's - I plan on doing "Smokem" style .050" 90* shoulders
is there anything else I can do to a 215 pump?
Do I need a 5K GSK?

I'd like to stay a single so what single can support that hp level with reasonable egt's. Being a Manual I can drive around alot of that surge everyone talks about and with a 4K GSK i've got RPM and can go more with a 5K kit

BHT3B on the bottom is also an option if the single doesn't work.

Do I "need" a cam? Do I need one to make the power on top with the 4K or 5K GSK?

Thanks
Ken

you can get 600 rwhp with 4K's and for turbo you gotta ask someone else i am not a turbo guy .

I think what is in your sig and what you listed in your post would get you there fuel wise but I would increase timing to 20*-22*. I think Of the various 66/71/14 turbos would get you there but I am not positive.

I am going to dyno tomorrow and am hoping to make 600 with a 66/68 charger, 5x.016s, .022s and a 4gsk with 21* timing. Hoping that is...

Will a similar mod path on a 180hp pump result in 600 hp or around about given proper air?

Thanks guys...looks like I'm on the right track I just need to get the right turbo combination :ft:

Any idea's on the camshaft? is the camshaft profile for a diesel that much different than a gasser? I'm pretty confident in my camshaft choosing abilities for a gasser I just don't know if the same rules apply for a diesel.

You dont need a cam to get to 6 bills.....Or water even.

66 mm charger will get you to 600 HP on number 2 only to top it off.

A cam will help your turbo spool and increase your rpm range, so they're useful, but I wouldn't say you NEED it to make 600.....I'd go with a 64 or 66mm single and maybe a good intercooler (?) Seen a 200 degree drop in EGTs over the stock one on a dyno.

Using the weight of my truck and my MPH at the 1/4 I was at 7.5bills or a bit over down at houston last weekend.

Big P7100 (215 pump will get you there just fine) I was way overfueled.
II Dragon Flows
Ported Head
STOCK EVERYTHING from deck surface down. Shortblock from 94 with 235,000 miles on it.
K31 71mm
Used a small (.040 jet) shot of nitrous to get spooled. Cut the nitrous just before 50lbs boost and let the turbo do the work.

New plan is a new built shortblock w/cam.
II Silver Bullet 66mm
Everything else the same.
Should make 650 on fuel and 900+ on nitrous (big two stage progressive)

I've seen the 66mm turbos make well into the 600s on fuel only with good tuning quite a few times.

You'll be fine with the stock cam (although a new cam will help).
215 Pump 4K
Prob about 21-24* timing
5x16-18 injectors
Pump tuning
66mm turbo with good exhaust side (Silver Bullet, SPS, etc...)
Water/Meth (Since you already have it)
Head porting helps.

~Wes~

Last edited:
Ken in AZ said:
Well, here I am and those are my mods below in my sig.
I want to hit 600rwhp with the water/meth but it really doesn't matter as I consider water/meth a non-drug

What else do I need as far as pump work?
DV's - I plan on doing "Smokem" style .050" 90* shoulders
is there anything else I can do to a 215 pump?
Do I need a 5K GSK?

I'd like to stay a single so what single can support that hp level with reasonable egt's. Being a Manual I can drive around alot of that surge everyone talks about and with a 4K GSK i've got RPM and can go more with a 5K kit

BHT3B on the bottom is also an option if the single doesn't work.

Do I "need" a cam? Do I need one to make the power on top with the 4K or 5K GSK?

Thanks
Ken

AS stated

water meth, nor a cam are needed.. But the simplest way (aside from proffesional tuning) to get ur fuel for ur desired numbers..

Pick up the phone
call schied, industrial, or columbus and send off ur pump
have ur pump calibrated, and reworked for about 450 CC's

u have 600 horsepower...

I have heard jeff hellman can tune a stock 215 to make enough for 600 horses, but what i said is the easiest COA in my opinion

I have heard jeff hellman can tune a stock 215 to make enough for 600 horses, but what i said is the easiest COA in my opinion

Jeff Garmon or Joe Hellmann?

600 hp with a 215 pump is easy.

Jim

wildmanben said:
I am going to dyno tomorrow and am hoping to make 600 with a 66/68 charger, 5x.016s, .022s and a 4gsk with 21* timing. Hoping that is...

I did 583 with the above mentioned. I think I need a pusher pump. Not enough fuel pressure at WOT. That would hold me back wouldnt it? Or anything else that I am missing? Its a 215pump thats hasnt had anything done to it.

wildmanben said:
I am going to dyno tomorrow and am hoping to make 600 with a 66/68 charger, 5x.016s, .022s and a 4gsk with 21* timing. Hoping that is..................I did 583 with the above mentioned.

:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

I definitly like what I'm hearing

Ok question, how can you tell what your injectors are? Like I hear people talking about 5x.016 5x.022 etc. Mine are custom ones I bought used so dont have specs. How can I figure it out?

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread

Yeah IMO a 215 pump doesn't need anything done other than backyard type of stuff, no pump shop magic. Joe Hellmann told me that you can get even more than that without a pump shop working a P7100 over. I am pretty confident if I added a fuel system like a FASS and a 66mm turbo or twins I could knock 600+ with my setup.

Dodgentwo said:
Ok question, how can you tell what your injectors are? Like I hear people talking about 5x.016 5x.022 etc. Mine are custom ones I bought used so dont have specs. How can I figure it out?

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread

I don't know if it would be a good idea but a tip cleaner for an oxy-acetyline torch has little wires in different sizes you could use maybe? If you hold my 5x.017's next to New Era 435's you can see a VERY signifigant difference in hole size :evil

So are you guys refering to the size of the holes?

Good luck Ken. Sorry to hijack your thread. Hope ya hit your mark!!

Back