STIll no ac... dang it man...

Huntingman27062

recharged the system... no AC... ran a jumper wire right to the compressor and the compressor kicks on... pulled the plug on the pressure transducer and jumped the dark blue and dark green/orange wires together and still got nothing (these are the wires alldata has as "hots" as the other is the ground)... so i have nnnooo idea anymore... lol... oh yeah i also swapped the switch in the dash and it did the same thing... light comes on with the button in... help!

I have not owned a vehicle with working AC since 2004. I feel your pain.

Did you put guages on it? What are your readings? These systems are bad due to lack of air flow over the condensor. I had to install an extra fan on the outside of the condensor so the overpressure valve wouldn't blow in slow traffic! Anyway start with the pressure and put some airflow on it before you read it! Check for voltage at the transducer if none check the fuse. Seeing how it turns on when you jumped it I'd lean towards the fuse!!

fuse is good... and rotated the relays around also and didnt get anything... forgot to add i did this... im about ready to put a toggle switch on the dang compressor...

wasnt the PCM... this AC problem was here before that... thats how it happened... lol... trouble shooting this... but it ended up killing the battery some how... not the PCM lol... FCA wasnt getting the proper voltage... in fact nothing was cause now it hauls balls... think the injectors werent getting full voltage either... anyhow gotta figure out this AC thing...

Did you put guages on it? What are your readings? These systems are bad due to lack of air flow over the condensor. I had to install an extra fan on the outside of the condensor so the overpressure valve wouldn't blow in slow traffic! Anyway start with the pressure and put some airflow on it before you read it! Check for voltage at the transducer if none check the fuse. Seeing how it turns on when you jumped it I'd lean towards the fuse!!

Sorry for this highjack...

Where did you find a fan that fits between the condenser and the grill? Can you give me a P/N and or place you purchased it?

Thanks.

Don't know if it applies here or not but I had a lot the same problem on my 03. System had a good charge but the compressor wouldnt stay engaged. I was running a tst box and discovered when I took it off to get it repaired my ac started working. did some research and someone said to move the ground for the tst box from the battery to a bolt under the dash, that solved my problem. Don't know what chip your running but you may give that a try- doesn't make any sense but somehow it messes with the ac clutch?

Any slimline fan that will fit mine is 16" I don't have a # sorry been a while and it's gone! Make sure it's a pusher style. Run a toggle or hook it into your switch. Now if you run 12v into your PCM your gonna fry everything! I think it runs on 5v and the extra juice will make your ride fast till it all melts! I may be wrong I hope others will chime in on the issue!

Your ground from the compressor clutch is teed in with the alternator trigger in the harness. They then ground to an ECM bolt, then to the top of the drivers motor mount. Is the Alternator charging?

Don't know if it applies here or not but I had a lot the same problem on my 03. System had a good charge but the compressor wouldnt stay engaged. I was running a tst box and discovered when I took it off to get it repaired my ac started working. did some research and someone said to move the ground for the tst box from the battery to a bolt under the dash, that solved my problem. Don't know what chip your running but you may give that a try- doesn't make any sense but somehow it messes with the ac clutch?

i only run a MP-8 and it doesnt ground anywhere or anything like that... but good shot thanks!

Any slimline fan that will fit mine is 16" I don't have a # sorry been a while and it's gone! Make sure it's a pusher style. Run a toggle or hook it into your switch. Now if you run 12v into your PCM your gonna fry everything! I think it runs on 5v and the extra juice will make your ride fast till it all melts! I may be wrong I hope others will chime in on the issue!

Autozone sells a kit for $30 that runs a temp sensor for a aftermarket fan on your radiator... it zip ties through the radiator and you set it for a certain temp and when it gets there the fan comes on... problem with a toggle switch is in a hurry and leaving it on when your home for the day...

no no no i stuck 12v wire to the 5v wire and it killed my truck... then it wouldnt start... i didnt leave it there... it finished off a battery some how and scared the PCM... it didnt burn anything up.... the extra power i got is from my batterys both being new and everything now getting there proper voltage... as they were not before i did this... basically everything was running on half voltage...

Your ground from the compressor clutch is teed in with the alternator trigger in the harness. They then ground to an ECM bolt, then to the top of the drivers motor mount. Is the Alternator charging?

yeah alternators fine... i have no other engine/mechanical problems other then no AC... although i have applied power to the compressor and it kicks on so the ground must be good...

Not sure if this will help you, but it was my issue. AC would work when the ac shop would test and jump wires. Blow wide open and ice cold. The minute he took the probe out, dead. So we were left with chasing wires. I played around on the net looking at other peoples issues, since its a Dodge ac and someone else must have had it happen. Well, I found one and it seems to be the problem.

There is a connector in the steering column that apparently melts. Causing problems. One way to test was to turn on the ac and move the column up and down as if you were adjusting it. BAM! AC came right on and stays on. I have not dug into it yet, go on vacation next week and will tackle it then.

Just thought I would throw it out there as a just in case.

Good luck.

how did you recharge your system? when you jumped the pressure transducer did it blow cold? even tho you recharged it or had it recharged you might've put too much gas in it. and if it didn't blow cold when you jumped that wire you might have a faulty comp.

really need to put some gauges on it to be sure. hell you might have a pinhole in a line and dont even know it. never know

sorry... know its been a month... lol... but i finally had it figure out... i took it to a shop since i finally locked down some stronger work and figured it was gonna be high bucks... they tested all the fuses again... and then started shooting wires... came to the fuse box... tested all the fuses again and still all were fine... well... that because the fuse WASNT EVEN IN IT!!! yeah i know... but its not my fault... lol... there is a spare fuse they told me that was right next to the AC fuse... both were the same amp... i remember back several months or longer when i hooked up to a uhaul at a mechanics place and it killed all my trailer lights... so they found the ground on the trailer... fixed it... and stuck a new fuse in my truck for me since it was on them... well dummies pulled my AC fuse instead of the spare... and i had thought i looked at the diagram to see the right amp in the right spot but guess it was one over... shot all the fuses good so figured everything was good! even the mechs i took it to did the same thing... lol... so it cost me a $55 fuse to fix my AC (troubleshooting labor of course)... but at least it didnt kill the pocket and now im back on board with the AC... next on the list to fix... cruise control... lol...

Back