stock head studs on cr

twinmega06

master debater
whats the most hp and boost out of cr stock head studs? whats the furthest they have been pushed?:thankyou2:

twinmega06 said:
whats the most hp and boost out of cr stock head studs? whats the furthest they have been pushed?:thankyou2:

I'm sure garmon has some guys in the high 60's or better with them. I ran mine up to 55psi daily for 6months before I got studs

With your setup I would be looking into some supporting mods. I would do some studs and some 60 pound valve springs. Some people get lucky though running that much boost and others are not. Depends on how your luck goes. Personally I wouldn't go much past 45-50 on stock bolts unless you tightened them daily. How did you get 800 hp with stock injectors and just Tst Smarty combo? What levels where you running them on. I'm only running about 600 out of my truck.

i was in a truck running 70psi with stock headbolts, no magic torquing either. he didnt run it long that way, but did run it a few weeks with no issues

Kman9090 said:
With your setup I would be looking into some supporting mods. I would do some studs and some 60 pound valve springs. Some people get lucky though running that much boost and others are not. Depends on how your luck goes. Personally I wouldn't go much past 45-50 on stock bolts unless you tightened them daily. How did you get 800 hp with stock injectors and just Tst Smarty combo? What levels where you running them on. I'm only running about 600 out of my truck.
had flux 4s. smarty beta 4.2 got 736 then w tst 5 2 800.5. i think the truck has about another 20 hp or so. didnt have enough time on the dyno to play around w the tst much. gona do studs in a month or so. so far they have stood up fine. highest boost is 80-85 w tst but i dont run the tst much at all.

Last edited:
I thought the CR's came factory with 60lb springs. I would figure he would want atleast 100lb.

No they do not. Think 100 pound springs will be a little hard on stock cam and no lime bore? You's wear alot of metal out of the block pretty fast. I think 60 pounds should be fine. Know a few people running 60 pound F1 springs that run high boost that pull 3800 Rpm's down the track no problems. 60 pound springs would be fine.

I see 60 pounds everyday. Also not just once a day either. I don't know what thier max is. probably something like 80+

twinmega06 said:
had flux 4s. smarty beta 4.2 got 736 then w tst 5 2 800.5. i think the truck has about another 20 hp or so. didnt have enough time on the dyno to play around w the tst much. gona do studs in a month or so. so far they have stood up fine. highest boost is 80-85 w tst but i dont run the tst much at all.

on stock studs,, i dont see how this is possible. and what kind of dyno made these #'s ????????

With the mods and boost you have I would go with a set of 110 lbs seat pressure springs.

getnitbo said:
i call bs!!!
oh, I am sure the numbers are for real, given what is done to the truck. Now, he just has to worry about how long that gasket is gonna hold with stock bolts. :D Personally, I think it is a great test to see how far we can go with the stock bolts. I personally opted for studs when I went over 650 HP. However I have a friend that hammers his truck daily at 60 psi of boost with a s300/s400 twin set that I built that makes over 600 on fuel that has not had a lick of problems either with stock bolts

kino_fab said:
I thought the CR's came factory with 60lb springs. I would figure he would want atleast 100lb.
According to F1 diesel's website stock springs have 80lb. seat pressure closed.

Back