stock innermediate shaft in 47re?

NO!!! we must mock you!!!!

but what were you trying to say/ask...for real???

Yes @ 653/1412 with my old VP truck. It happened right off the line with a 30psi launch. After talking with some other racers, I attribute a large part of that breakage to improper caltrac setup/adjustment.

Also, its "intermediate " if you want to ask somewhere else :thumbup:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I was asking exactly what you guys answered. I rebuilt my transmission about a year ago. I only put in a billet input shaft because I didn't expect that my truck would be much over 500 horse. It's like a disease with no cure :lolly:
When it breaks does it wreak most of the internals? Or is it like the output, just tear it apart and put a new one in and go?

Sometimes nothing, sometimes everything in the middle. It just depends where it shears off. I got lucky and mine was right behind the main case. I replaced nothing. Typically at least a planetary gets beat up.

If you only did billet input you will most likely break output before intermediate....

Example of a lucky break:

Intermediate3.jpg

Intermediate2.jpg

Intermediate1.jpg

I already broke the out put and replaced it with a billlet. I'm not too sure what I'm lookin at in the pictures as to where it broke. I've never been in a 47re before but i have one sitting on my shop floor with a busted overdrive case I'd like to tear into in my spare time.

id do billet input and intermidiate..so the output can break .

Do all the shafts if you can afford it my first "built" trans blew the input the second "built" trans blew a output my third "built" trans blew everything from the flex plate to the driveshaft (awesome day that was) guess the 4th time is the charm right? Or sueing your local trans shop either way do it right the first time

Do all the shafts if you can afford it my first "built" trans blew the input the second "built" trans blew a output my third "built" trans blew everything from the flex plate to the driveshaft (awesome day that was) guess the 4th time is the charm right? Or sueing your local trans shop either way do it right the first time

Ya I plan to go with all billet. Is there a difference in a billet shaft and a cryo treated shaft other that the cryo being cheaper?

Back