stock truck numbers?

has anyone else had one on the rollers besides les?

We have not had a stock truck on the rollers since we have had the limiters figured out. Before then our trucks were doing about 450 until the limiter would kick in at 2800 rpm. Now I think we will be in a similar range to what les posted, and I think that 500 is attainable with some fine tuning.

I have a auto I think is 450 and a stick truck around 425 if he had a fass I could get more these are stock trucks with dd and built auto

So far i have not been able to break 500 HP on bone stock Cummins (no lift pump) on the dyno i have access to.

I really dislike comparing just the '500 hp' though, as each dyno is different at all elevations. We are at 4800 feet here.... so, 500 HP is much harder to make than sea level.

What i DO like to advertise is the increases over 'stock' numbers. I have taken a stock truck, baselined it, and been able to achieve 135 HP over the 'stock' (or baseline) tune that was in the truck from the factory. The actual number off that dyno was 464 HP. This was achieved before the fuel limiters were available in EFILive, however, even at this level, the bone stock transmission/converter was showing signs of problems so we backed it down.

This same truck later got the trans built, converter, and added a lift pump and now we have the limiters unlocked... just haven't hit the rollers with this truck yet.... but I think 500 HP might be possible on this particular dyno now. take it to a different dyno and the overall HP rating could go up or down 50-75 HP.... (this is the main reason I don't like using just the peak HP number, but prefer instead the before and after numbers)...

I wanted to add to that both trucks claim to have seen about 3 mpg improvement also.

well i saw one go to 530 this past weekend. 596 with some 50hp injectors. only mod to the truck is a valve body. stock lift pump, stock air filter, stock turbo, stock everything

They kept the torque pretty low. Guess they will see how it does.

I was very impressed with the numbers.

The trans probably wasnt liking over 500hp, but a valve body can make a big difference in holding power.

Back