Stock turbo squeal

Dieselroller

New to post
Got an 06 6.0l, it is straight piped and have an afe intake. Now my turbo makes a really loud squeal after idleing for a few min. It stops once I excelerate. It Also does it while at low rpms like cruising through a parking lot. Someone told me it was the veins on the turbo getting stuck. Is there any way to fix. This or make it stop or has anyone else had this problem? Please help!!! It is killing my ears and anyone I cruise by!!

Ok, How long have you had it straight piped? Is it a squeal or a whistle? The whistle sound is normal for the 03's and it is ear piercing. I know, wait till winter when it cycles it's a blast. The wistle is due to the fact of there is fewer veins in the turbo. The options are: put cat back in, buy a hushpower muffler, or get used to it. After a while you will decide it's not that bad.

If the veins are sticking and it has been straight piped for a while push accel pedal agressively a few time to the fan and enjoy the V8 rumble:evil. If that doen't do it you will end up taking apart and cleaning it.

And this is comming from someone tha has complained about it. My truck still whistles.

Do you have the latest flash from Ford?

Do as Moose said. Hammer on that thing to clean the soot out.

Could also be a cracke up pipe in the flexible bellows part of it and I had mine fixed when I did the EGR delete. That's a pretty common symptom.

Back