Strange smarty stuff goin on

Mr. Magoo

huh?
I decided to change up the settings on my truck to try for some more mpg. Old settings were sw5. TQ3, RP3, timing 3

Went to sw7. TQ1, RP1, timing 2.

On the old settings rail wasnt overly sensitive and cruise RP was around 11-13k. With the new settings I can tap the skinny pedal and hit 20k and cruising is 21-22k. It is drastically more touchy now. Not what I was expecting dialing the RP back to 'stock' setting. Any idea why this would happen? I cant mess test it anymore currently because its 30ish degrees now and being an early 04 the ecm reduces RP when its cold

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Running TNTr for those that cant see the sig

Ill give that a shot. 1 is supposed to be less aggressive power delivery than 3 though

aggressive = touchy trhotle. they will both make the same power, 3 gives you more control.

I'm going to try it and see. My point was TQ1 is a less aggressive option than TQ3. It doesn't make sense to me that a less aggressive setting would make for a more sensitive pedal and large rail psi spike

been so long since I adjusted mine, i could have it backwards.

UDC... make it do whatever/however you like. Its a great tool for Smarty owners.

Lavon

I leave for 3k+ mile drive on saturday morning. I cant mess with UDC before then as I only have a macbook, and ive heard its confusing. Im about to go play with the settings and see what I can come up with.

Setting the rail to 1 (stock) is what was causing the high rail psi. Seems odd, but could the stock smarty rail setting with my stroker pump and fca from shane cause the rail to be that high?

Back