Street-ability Question

semperfidoordie

USMC Veteran
Looking at purchasing a truck that has 5x20 Dragonflow injectors, dragonfly 13mm pump and s300 71/74/80 and Tork Tek adjustable overflow valve. I was curious how smoky this combo would be. I live in NV so have to do the visual and 15hp dyno for smog. Any idea on how the truck would do?

My biggest thing is passing the 40mph opacity test. Never had to smog a diesel before so this is all new to me. I can always add more air later to clean it up

Throw a set of stock injectors in and back the timing off. Prob pray a little to

Stock delivery valves will help a bunch too. Shoot, you can always spray nitrous! :D

Keeping the rpm up will help also, here's a video of my 89 with 5x25's pulling a hill at 55 mph, but I was in 3rd, not OD.....

Rust Bucket pulling a grade - YouTube

Afc live would help you in the fact you could basically put it in valet mode for the test but with laser cut delivery valves you will not pass your opacity test as the sealing shoulder is totally removed. For lack of a better term they basically dribble fuel for quite some time after the end of the injection event, aka very smokey. A set of stock dvs and either Afc live or a valet switch and you should be able to pass your test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks for the response. Replacing delivery valves won't be bad at all. I'll look at AFC live as well. I like the truck a lot and like the idea that it already has injectors and a pump. Just need to figure out the right turbo(s)

Back