Street/strip toy

little6cylinder

Everything is "fixable"
I've got a 97 ECLB that used to be a 5 speed but now has a 47rh. I've got a scheid built 12mm pump that they benched at 694cc's with a 5k gov, scheid 5x.013 injectors, 200gph FASS, Haisley 60# valve springs, Haisley titanium retainers and hardened keepers, a 3 angle valve job, CNC ported exhaust side, mahle stock replacment pistons, o-rings, a1 h-11 head studs, pdi manifold(port matched) 66/74/14 over an s480 w/ a race cover, a Scheid street cam, electric fans, Haisley girdle, main studs, all billet shafts, billet flex plate. Lowered 3 inches, Ladder bars
My question is are my injectors to small for my set up and does anyone have pointers for me. I launched at 20 psi before with my 66. Do I need any other parts to hold it together. Push rods etc
Any help would be greatly appreciated and honestly I have no idea what to expect for times. Should I have a roll cage built while the trucks down or will I not need one

injectors sound on the little side for your air. i would think a 5x.018 would rock it.

push rods and a better set of springs with the timing up in the high 20 would sound like a good starting point.

My timing was at 32 but I was thinkin about setting it back down to 28 so it's more street friendly.

i dont think the 60#s are that great on the bigger end. i had them on a few trucks and i was suspect of the boost blowing them open. hamilton has been keeping a lot of people happy lately. i have not run any of his stuff. but he seems to have plenty of satisfied customers.

Nice setup how does that top charger spool on the street? Injectors are surely too small.

Damn that is a crap load of fuel for a 12mm. Are you sure?

Thanks. It spools good. Ive only drove it once and I was at 8400 feet in Colorado. Even here it was easy to drive. The timing slipped and when I pulled it back into the shop I was discouraged and decided to pull the engine, redo my big turbo support, heater hoses, firewall insulation, and clearance the cowel around the hot pipe (to close for my liking). I didnt want any more stupid little mishaps.
I didn't bench my pump so I'm not positive. Some people have told me that's impossible so I don't know. Joe at Scheid built it and I have the sheet for it. I definitely fuels hard. Especially for how small my injectors are

It's possible, I'm assuming he put a quick rate cam in it and full cuts?

Yea it had full cuts but when I just had my 66 I put in some ddp 024s but I'll most likely throw the full cuts back in

Also I have 285/60/18 Cooper xeon LTZ's. I think I'm gonna go ahead and order some 5x.018's.
Anyone think I'll need a cage with those injectors. I was lookin at an s and w race cars kit and just tig it together. Anybody have any pics of how these fit? I don't want to down my truck again so if I need the cage I'll do it now but if not then I don't wanna waste my time or cut up the back seat

Here are some pictures of what I've got so far
MyTruckRear.jpg

tractionbars2.jpg

passengerside.jpg

enginecomp1.jpg

A buddy of mine has a truck just like yours , setup close . his twins are s364 over s475 and 5 x 18's . he ran a best of 11.7 @114 iirc and his converter was to tight

Good. I know I'll have some tuning to do but I think it will run good. What does a stock TC stall at? What's your friends set at?

Back