Street triple disk clutch?

HightechRedneck

I was wondering what all info you have on the clutch and how streetable is it? I'm thinking about doing the upgrade before installing the trans and would like to favor it over the 3850dd I'm getting with the trans.

Thanks in advance. And will you PM me a price on one?

FYI its for an NV4500 with the 1 3/8 billet input.

Thanks for the PM Dan. So now it's time to ask about how others like their street triples. Who is running them and will you share with me everything you like about it and how street able it is. Looking to gain some user info as requested from Dan also.

Thanks guys!

I'm looking forward to hearing the honest opinions on it and making my choice on a clutch here shortly.

Thanks Ron! I hope he chimes in on it. Dan did say there will be floater chatter but I was curious as to how much. Only way to know is asking some users. I'm pretty sure I'm goin to sell the DD for a triple.

Ah ok I was figuring a little bit more with having more parts moving and disengaging at the same time. I would love a silent one but I would rather hold power. Right now I have a diaphragm 3600 dd that has an upgraded 3850 cover. It's just not going to hold what I want to do.

I have a feeling of that too. Granted its "built" already but I know it won't mean much when power is finally put through it. I'm going to try. EEP did the work on it.

Im interested in this also. I've heard they shift closer to stock than the dd's. That in itself would be justification for me to get rid of my dd.

tapatalking from droidx

Exactly. I would prefer for both of my legs to be the same size. This 3850 ain't going to allow for that one. Triple with 3200 pressure sounds promising. I'm just a waiting for first hand experience with them. I would rather give them time to post in here and wait to pm as a last resort. I will share the stories on here too if it results to that.

These use a diaphram pressure plate, this does two things.
1) The pedal pressure feel will be the same as stock
2) the clutch will release better than the lever style DD.

As far as floater plate noise goes the triple is quieter than the DD because the flywheel is heaver.

Thanks Gary! Now as far a hydros go upgraded needed? I will have to buy a set anyway being I'm selling the DD with them but for others that have stock ones too. Needed or not?

Yup cliff. Had a thought of building a 98 Dakota for a drag truck instead of doing a 4wd. Figure since my 4wd is currently just a cab and frame; fix everything build an engine that can haul, tow, and have fun with. Make it a show worthy truck and have some power. Always wanted to do a manual and swapped my trans for a good one so why not try it.

As far as pedal pressure goes. I've got a SB 3600 and a buddy let me drive his valair triple when he got it put in. I think I put a dent in his floor board when I pushed the clutch in for the first time :lolly: The pedal pressure and smoothness sold me on my next clutch.

It was in a 04.5 and I think it was basically stock then. Just a smarty, dual cp3's, with the stock turbo. He's got an auto in it now but the time he had the triple in it was enough to convince his wife she wanted it when he done the swap.

It was in a 04.5 and I think it was basically stock then. Just a smarty, dual cp3's, with the stock turbo. He's got an auto in it now but the time he had the triple in it was enough to convince his wife she wanted it when he done the swap.

This is where we run into problems when someone calls and ask for a clutch recommendation....

Its basicly stock.....

Oh it has a smarty and dual cp3s

:what:

There is a difference between stock and a 450-500hp truck

Ouch man :kick: I hear what your saying loud and clear. I meant hard parts wise: injector's, turbo. I guess the better question would be stock what.

Anyways, after going back and looking he just had a smarty at the time. You actually may know him, he sells quite a few clutches for yall here in Stillwater :Cheer:

Back