Streetable Turbo for 5k lb 2wd zf6 stick dmax

Mikesmithdmax

I'd like to get this ole thing around 600hp, I'm around 500 now with my current setup, I'm on a stock engine with stock injectors, modded cp3 but stock stroke, I can hold good rail psi @ 2850 us pw,it's got the cheaper arp head bolts, cometic gaskets, dd clutch, 3" y bridge, lml manifold, 3" down pipe, 3.5" straight pipe, plus the usual free mods.

2 Fridays ago the truck went 13.70s, last Friday I did some More tuning and swapped to better tires it went 13.20s! With street tires! I'm positive with a slick I can break 12s.

I'm looking at the s300 lineup, seen great things from these turbos, and have some experience with them.
I've been wanting to try a t4 s400 for sometime now, but can't find much info about em on a zf6 manual truck.

I do drive it on weekends and occasionally to work if were within a hour from home sometimes, so id like to keep it fairly street able, I do my own tuning, and I tune other trucks on weekends, tuned maybe 75 trucks in last 3-4 years.

I already have a t4 pedestal I kept off my lbz I recently sold, I had a 366 on it. And pretty sure I've got most the fittings and hoses for oil supply. I also have a wastegate off a lsx turbo project I was working on awhile back. It's a tial 38-40mm I think, not sure if it'd be big enough tho.

I'm on a budget, like most of us working Americans, I've only got $900-1000 to spend. I've got a mig welder and most the tools and machines to fab almost anything steel.

What do y'all think? I know I'd be on thin ice with the stock rods, but I do have a extra motor in the barn lol, I'm open to ideas!

S464 or S467 turbine 0.91. What you going to do for an intake on the beasty? I'm currently helping a buddy throw on a S472 on a dmax and a bunch of fuel. We have changing a pile of the stock dmax turbos with cast and billet wheel (64mm to 66m).

The real trick is its really difficult to get the turbo in and have a decent intake. The stocker air charge tubes driver side/passenger side are just awful. Its a pile of work and parts are pricey. Next comes the exhaust issues. Depends on you and your fab skills, but your more than likely have to pull the cab.

We are going to try a bunch of turbos out on 05 LLY/100 HP injectors. Just be careful, stock dmax's don't take abuse very well. Built a few now.

Back