Strobes?

Dboy11

Resident Closet Gay
So I have to add some strobes to the truck because I am always working on the side of the road these days. Who is gonna get me the most bang for my buck on the best hideaway strobe kit?? I was looking on ebay, at whelen, recon is wayyy overpriced. Also, if im going to do this, im going to do this right, and put as many as I can in LOL

Right now I figure on doing some in the turn signals on the front, and reverse lights in the back. Any other suggestions?

I have a system similar to this. Just drill holes and pop them in. Be sure and buy the Duetch connectors and not the Amp ones. The amps aren't sealed. You can buy many brands from AW, but I got their own brand. I'm sure one of the others make it for them. It works well.

IIRC, the hide-a-strobes take a 1" diameter hole. I couldn't put them in the turnsignals or taillights on my 2002 dodge. I have to end up with them in the headlights and backup lights....both white..not great, but it was the only option.

Strobe System

I have a Sho-Me kit in my plow truck and I can control different sequences and can actually drive without headlights at night with them on.

Alright, how about the plasmaglow?? Or should i just go with the ebay special.

I have a system similar to this. Just drill holes and pop them in. Be sure and buy the Duetch connectors and not the Amp ones. The amps aren't sealed. You can buy many brands from AW, but I got their own brand. I'm sure one of the others make it for them. It works well.

IIRC, the hide-a-strobes take a 1" diameter hole. I couldn't put them in the turnsignals or taillights on my 2002 dodge. I have to end up with them in the headlights and backup lights....both white..not great, but it was the only option.

Strobe System

Coming from Mr. Electrical i guess these must be the ones to get :stab:

Coming from Mr. Electrical i guess these must be the ones to get :stab:

Not neccessarily. I'm just skeptic at "internet bargains" and lean towards great customer support. Growing up in a tow truck, I buy lots of junk from them when I need it. Mine have never failed, but I only use them very seldomly when on the side of the road or waving at folks and pulling into parties and scaring the crap out of the young people.

Here is the best price I have found yet on Whelen Hide-Away strobes. Here is a video of them installed in my truck both at night and day time. Sorry for the crappy video it was done with my Blackberry.

http://www.oviedosafetylights.com/Strobe-&-LED-Light-Kits/Whelen_90_Watt_Strobe_Light_Safety_Kit_4_Strobe_Heads_and_Cables_for_Vehicles_and_Snowplows

[ame="http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/dsq1975/?action=view&current=VID00001.mp4"]Whelen Hide Away Strobes at night video by dsq1975 - Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/dsq1975/?action=view&current=VID00000.mp4"]Whelen Hide Away Strobes video by dsq1975 - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Ya those are about to be ordered...Thank you sir!! Good looking truck to!

I have more toys for my truck as well. I am a bit of a light geek.:lolly:

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0781-1.jpg

DSC_0780-1.jpg

dsq3973-albums-my-truck-picture139396-792-1.jpg

I used to run all Strobes on my puller when it was my DD. Had like 12 scattered out everywhere. Even had a Strobe Excalubur lightbar, that thing got attention real quick.

With the new truck I opted for LEDs this time. A little more pricey but not near the trouble as strobes and you can shut the truck down and leave em on.
$.02

Lynn

I used to run all Strobes on my puller when it was my DD. Had like 12 scattered out everywhere. Even had a Strobe Excalubur lightbar, that thing got attention real quick.

With the new truck I opted for LEDs this time. A little more pricey but not near the trouble as strobes and you can shut the truck down and leave em on.
$.02

Lynn

Who makes these??? Or better yet what do I need to make a set up.

Yooper....I am becoming a little bit of light geek myself!

Whelen makes a bulb for the Hide Away system and they are not cheap but they are very efficient. I started out with a Grote 16in dual rotator bar and upgraded to my Whelen 27in 12 strobe bar this year because no one saw the little bar in the daylight.

Yeah its kind of like drugs once you start there is no turning back.:nail:

Last edited:
Whelen makes a bulb for the Hide Away system and they are not cheap but they are very efficient. I started out with a Grote 16in dual rotator bar and upgraded to my Whelen 27in 12 strobe bar this year because no one saw the little bar in the daylight.

Yeah its kind of like drugs once you start there is no turning back.:nail:

I think this goes for truck stuff in general....not just lights :Cheer: :hehe:

im gunna tell your mom that you have money for strobe lights and not injectors

im gunna tell your mom that you have money for strobe lights and not injectors

HAHAHAHAAHA company expense for it all Devin!!!!!!! Gotta meet those highway requirements....and those injectors....well im making her pay for those to...Today was her birthday so i didnt forward the reciept today....

Is that bad?

P.S. For all that dont know...I work for my mom, and we do construction...so its not as bad as it sounds:bs::thankyou2:

wow she is giving you alot of good stuff, cant wait to give her my present this weekend

Back