Stroker engine

roachie

Taco Master
I had a computer crash and lost all my notes on this.

There was a discussion on this year's ago about the 6.7 12v found in agco tractors. I'm trying to get the ESN to pull pistons and rod measurements. From what I remember a 450ci engine is possible with this crank and the normal 6.7 block.

Have you searched the Dodge Performance Section. I remember said article before the powers to be created this section.

Couldn't find it there either. My search skills are lacking

Signature 600 - Chris Mayer
Has one of these motors on his shelf, as he owns a Agco dealership. Very knowledgable and nice guy.

What was the pump set up? I will look in to the ESN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The crank out of that motor will not work . It is a rear timing gear motor. Even so let us know some specs on the rod/pistons

I have one of these rear gear 6.7 12v motors in the building. When I get some time this winter I'll tear it apart. I am under assumption that it can't be used because of the rear drive but I don't know for sure.

I also have a rear gear 6.7 from a 2008 Thomas airport bus.
This is NOT the long stroke/small bore Agco version, it uses a bore/stroke like the Dodge truck version does, just has the goofy rear gear set-up.

I recall reading somewhere that the pistons are somewhat desirable, due to the spray angle.
I know it has one goofy looking 2 piece exhaust manifold on it, too.

Mark.

I also have a rear gear 6.7 from a 2008 Thomas airport bus.
This is NOT the long stroke/small bore Agco version, it uses a bore/stroke like the Dodge truck version does, just has the goofy rear gear set-up.

I recall reading somewhere that the pistons are somewhat desirable, due to the spray angle.
I know it has one goofy looking 2 piece exhaust manifold on it, too.

Mark.

i had one as well, rods, pistons were the same as dodge 6.7 iirc, head is interchangeable. block is same casting as well, of course it dumps oil out the back to feed the rear gear, crank could probably be reused if you want to do something funny with your flywheel/clutch setup. all of this was from memory, so i could be a little off.

Pistons are 103 ish mm and the pistons kits are not cheep and all seem to be overseas from what I found

i had one as well, rods, pistons were the same as dodge 6.7 iirc, head is interchangeable. block is same casting as well, of course it dumps oil out the back to feed the rear gear, crank could probably be reused if you want to do something funny with your flywheel/clutch setup. all of this was from memory, so i could be a little off.

are you positive that the blocks are the same ? That would about make my day. If the head and blocks will work I will have a 6.7 in my truck soon

are you positive that the blocks are the same ? That would about make my day. If the head and blocks will work I will have a 6.7 in my truck soon

Blocks are the same "casting"
Blocks are machined differently.

What's different. I am not afraid to drill and tap a few holes.

What's different. I am not afraid to drill and tap a few holes.

The back end of the block is different for the oiling on the rear gear drive. I am not saying it couldn't be made to work, just would have to take some creativity.

I went over to my shop and tore into mine tonight, because I had a gentleman here needing a block that was standard bore.
Turns out it didn't have different pistons, they bore the same part number as the Dodge version.

We looked and the casting number is the same as a Dodge pick-up block, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some machining differences.
I also have a 5.9 rear gear out of a 2005 application and it used pistons with the 2003-2004 bowl design.

I need to get back over there to tear more 6.7s down, maybe make some scrap metal and off some more 6.7 stuff. :hehe:

Mark.

I'm curious about the rear gear crank, I've been told it can be adapted to the front gear style.

I'm curious about the rear gear crank, I've been told it can be adapted to the front gear style.

The rear gear crank is longer, the mounting point for the flywheel is like 2 or 3 inches further back. I think the front gear is thinner as well. Hopefully mark can shoot a picture of it. It will simplify things.

Back