Stroker gt55 duramax on the street video

Pretty Cool!

So is it 2wd or 4? (Obviously just running 2 in the vid)...

Sweet truck, looks awesome. Runs fast times, not so much. Yet anyway. It was at Rudy's Dyno day and idled around the pits a couple times, might have made a pass but I don't recall it.

Sweet truck, looks awesome. Runs fast times, not so much. Yet anyway. It was at Rudy's Dyno day and idled around the pits a couple times, might have made a pass but I don't recall it.

Haha yep. Never went down the track that day. Tranny was trashed. Just sent it off to suncoast. Running the duraflight.

Nice street truck.

Not so much a street truck haha. We've talked to you alot about te turbo setup. The north Carolina guys. Running the gt4202 magnum and gt55.

Been to the track?

Yea, on a old tune the 2nd time down the track it pulled a 6.7 in the 1/8. Alot left in her. We will see soon enough. Waiting on the tranny now.

No 1/4 #'s?

Not yet. She's only been down the track 5 times since we got it together. The closes 1/4 mile track is about an hour and a half from me and there are 2 1/8 tracks within 20 mins.

He was at Rudy's even but i believe he was having trans problems. Never made a pass

If I had to guess on what GT55 it was it wouldn't be to hard to choose lol. There's only two sizes curretly ava. the 5533r (93mm ind) and 5541r (103mm ind) most guys are running the 33 but the 41 is coming on strong in some setups. The 4208r mag (80.xxmm) is a killer single charger alone and when paired with the 55 becomes a insane monster under the hood of any dmax that has the internals to handle the load. If you study garretts charts the 4208r mag is a 4202r with a 4508r center section with the 80mm 4508r comp wheel stuffed into a 4042 comp housing and is cap of providing enough air to support 1200-1250hp alone and the GT5533/41 starts life supplying enough air for 1200-1700hp so where the 4208r leaves off the 55 takes control and puts you in the atomsphere like a space shuttle taking off so to speak......

Last edited:
Haha yep. Never went down the track that day. Tranny was trashed. Just sent it off to suncoast. Running the duraflight.

Not so much a street truck haha. We've talked to you alot about te turbo setup. The north Carolina guys. Running the gt4202 magnum and gt55.

Yea, on a old tune the 2nd time down the track it pulled a 6.7 in the 1/8. Alot left in her. We will see soon enough. Waiting on the tranny now.
What part of N.C. you from?

If I had to guess on what GT55 it was it wouldn't be to hard to choose lol. There's only two sizes curretly ava. the 5533r (93mm ind) and 5541r (103mm ind) most guys are running the 33 but the 41 is coming on strong in some setups. The 4208r mag (80.xxmm) is a killer single charger alone and when paired with the 55 becomes a insane monster under the hood of any dmax that has the internals to handle the load. If you study garretts charts the 4208r mag is a 4202r with a 4508r center section with the 80mm 4508r comp wheel stuffed into a 4042 comp housing and is cap of providing enough air to support 1200-1250hp alone and the GT5533/41 starts life supplying enough air for 1200-1700hp so where the 4208r leaves off the 55 takes control and puts you in the atomsphere like a space shuttle taking off so to speak......

There are actually several gt55's. 83mm, 89mm, 91mm, 94mm, 106mm, etc. Billet wheels, cast wheels, different housing options, wastegated, non w/g.

Last edited:
Back