Stroker kit

injected79

I tried doing a search on here and didnt come up with anything, I was wondering if anybody made a stroker kit for the 12 valve cummins, and if so is it worth doing?

i thought i heard somewhere that hamilton was either making, or going to make a kit..

I don't know about actual kit's. There's a lot of custom stuff out there. Guy's have tooken 6.7's and put on a 12V head. There have been custom cranks from +.5 to straight custom 6.7 cranks.

Talk to Illinois Crank they seem to be making the most that the bigger name puller's are running.

Has any installed a 6.7 crank in a 5.9 just to see if there was clearence issues?

we currently have nothing in the works. I was asking what products people would like to see in 2010. I have been working on larger valves for the 12v and an aftermarket head. After that I will take a poll as what peopl want to see next. There are a few cranks that have longer strokes in ag applications for different variations of the "B" model and the ISB's. Snedge has a database with a lot of information at his disposal. Might give him a try. I have heard there is a rear gear agricultural engine based on a 5.9l with a 5.100" stroke.

Poke a round a bit. You will find some cool stuff.

Goodluck

Zach

we currently have nothing in the works. I was asking what products people would like to see in 2010. I have been working on larger valves for the 12v and an aftermarket head. After that I will take a poll as what peopl want to see next. There are a few cranks that have longer strokes in ag applications for different variations of the "B" model and the ISB's. Snedge has a database with a lot of information at his disposal. Might give him a try. I have heard there is a rear gear agricultural engine based on a 5.9l with a 5.100" stroke.

Poke a round a bit. You will find some cool stuff.

Goodluck

Zach

Actually, a 5.2" stroke;) I've seen them:D:D

But you are correct, rear gear only!
Chris

what rods and pistons are you guys useing with these cranks?

Just use stock Id Imagine. I mean the 6.7 uses same stock rod's. Unless you want something really custom. Then Id talk to Quarterman he had some stroker going on that used custom rods.

how could you use a stock rod unless you have an off set wrist pin height in the piston, to keep piston in the cylinder. Or am i overlooking something?

how could you use a stock rod unless you have an off set wrist pin height in the piston, to keep piston in the cylinder. Or am i overlooking something?

Alright are we talking switching over to a 6.7 cause that probaly be your cheapest route. Or a one off custom crank rods pistons cause that's going to be more money then you want to spend.

Alright are we talking switching over to a 6.7 cause that probaly be your cheapest route. Or a one off custom crank rods pistons cause that's going to be more money then you want to spend.

I was looking at a one off kit. Kinda like i did with my big block ford, took it from a 460 to a 503. I didnt know if anybody had done that, or built a kit for these engines or not. But bang for buck like you said a 6.7 rotating assembly would be the cheapest bet. Now is it worth the extra money to do it, or should i just put money into the head and cam. Im betting the head and cam makes a bigger difference then the cubic inches. Not saying that doing all 3 wouldnt be great, but got to pick in choose with this checkbook lol

Search.....

A 6.7 crank in a 5.9 only nets around 10ci. I don't have the paper work in front of me. If you did decide to use a 6.7 crank you will need custom pistons or rods. Wrist pin height and bore sizing is the main difference.

Unfortuneatly Greg Houge is correct on this, even iff you made a 450ci cummins the head can't support it.

To do it correctly, you would need a stroker crank, deckplate, sleeves, and longer rods.

I don't think it is worth it to go to a 6.7 rotating assembly for 10 cubes.

I would definitely suggest headwork and a cam before I even thought about more cubes. There is a lot of debate on what a 5.9 head can support...I do not subscribe to the idea that a 5.9 head cannot support more than 359 cubes.

I would definitely suggest headwork and a cam before I even thought about more cubes. There is a lot of debate on what a 5.9 head can support...I do not subscribe to the idea that a 5.9 head cannot support more than 359 cubes.

Yead Mod guy's out there running bigger cubes then that. Just ported head's and cam. Seem to get enough airflow.

What are you setting this truck up for Injeccted? If your doing Tug a Truck I'd look into a Super. Give you that nice push. Just kill the gasser's before they get a chance to stay in their powerband.

well as of 20 mintues ago i beleive the truck is sold. I have a gentleman locally that offered me a good amount of cash for it, so i am to recieve a deposit tonight. I have to finish the rebuild then he is going to give me the rest of the cash.

Back