Stuck LLY injectors?

Mike Holmen

the Diesel dude
Any one else have a stuck injector story? I just fought with three stuck injectors stuck in a chevy LLY truck recently. I had to weld a nut onto the end of the injector and slide hammer the heck out of it for 20-30minutes straight for an injector to come out. I also preheat the injector body till it was cherry red, prior to slide hammering it.
I tried using a hydraulic engine hoist and a sling wrapped around the injector but the engine hoist was picking the front of the truck off the ground.:doh:

I even used a 2foot breaker bar, but I broke the tab on the valve cover and cracked the valve cover.

I take the hold down off and go beat on it till the injector pops out. Put a piece of plywood between it and the hood to keep from denting the hood though ....

One injector stuck so bad it wouldn't move or wiggle no matter what you did. Had to rip the hold down bracket out in piece's so I could heat up the injector to remove it. I cracked the valve cover broke on the both sides trying to squeeze in a pry bar. You could lift the entire front of the truck with an engine hoist and the injector wouldn't move or wiggle.

Looking back, I should have started sprayed in penetrating oil a few weeks prior to removing the injectors and did a few heat cycles just to help loosen up the injector.

I've done four complete sets of injectors in LLY truck now, this truck by far was the worst stuck injector.

One injector stuck so bad it wouldn't move or wiggle no matter what you did. Had to rip the hold down bracket out in piece's so I could heat up the injector to remove it. I cracked the valve cover broke on the both sides trying to squeeze in a pry bar. You could lift the entire front of the truck with an engine hoist and the injector wouldn't move or wiggle.

Looking back, I should have started sprayed in penetrating oil a few weeks prior to removing the injectors and did a few heat cycles just to help loosen up the injector.

I've done four complete sets of injectors in LLY truck now, this truck by far was the worst stuck injector.

No comment on my idea? I was just trolling but no-one took the bait, guess it might not be as bad a idea as i thought. LOL But sounds like your job sucked!

Back