Registration starts 10:30 to 12:30
1st hook will be at 1:00
Admission $4.00 per person kids under 12 free
Gas and Diesel Classes
$20.00 a hook
*Rebel sled*
Cash Prizes for winners!!!!!!!
Food and beverages will be available

maryland on the eastern shore in the little town of centreville but it always turns out to be a great pull

Hey Scott, what are the rules and weight classes both gas and diesel? Had some people asking me about the weight on the gas jobbers!!

hey will. the weights are 6200 street legal gas( chips, intake, exhaust), 8000 open gas( just basic safety rules)

8000 street legal diesel (chips, intake, ehaust, factory turbo)

8600 open diesel(just basic safety)

hanging weights allowed only in open classes

scott 06 said:
hey will. the weights are 6200 street legal gas( chips, intake, exhaust), 8000 open gas( just basic safety rules)

8000 street legal diesel (chips, intake, ehaust, factory turbo)

8600 open diesel(just basic safety)

hanging weights allowed only in open classes

:hehe:

nitrous and meth are allowed too...

if you bring your kids make sure they are wearing a face shield and helmet in the stands!!!

hey, this was a thread i posted bc im telling everyone about our pull for our volunteer fire co. I did not post this for some smart a** to come on here and bad mouth us or the rules. And i dont appreciate you telling ppl not to come, bc safetly is our number concern. Thats why the crowd sits bak atleast 50 feet away from the edge of the track. And if you dont like our rules dont come, just bc you dont run nos is the only reason you are crying. And if water meth is so much of a power adder why aint you got it.

where did i tell people not to come?

If safety was your number one concern then you wouldn't be allowing nitrous or meth for the fact that it becomes more dangerous due to motors and drivetrains being stressed instantaneously, all it takes is one u-joint to hit someone in the face and the day is ruined. I would say that u-joint shields would stop that, but you also don't require safety equipment, or at least don't wanna be too strict about that so you can get lots more truck in there $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If I wanted nitrous I could have it and be a dyno queen, but since I don't race you can't use it anywhere to pull with, it would be pointless for me. Meth does add HP, but I don't have that either because you can't pull with that anywhere either, its water only in the prostreet classes, and I don't need EGT control because I can't get to 1500* anyway.

Call it crying if you like, but without jersey walls, 50' is nothing and if a u-joint does hit someone, good luck having another pull in the future. Look at EVERY other place that has sled pulls, there is a reason that stuff isn't allowed.

getblown5.9 said:

if you bring your kids make sure they are wearing a face shield and helmet in the stands!!!

there is were u told ppl not to come

wen a driveshaft breaks where does it go? down rite
and as far as safety Equipment goes we do require driveshaft loops, and u-joint sheilds. so before you go saying stuff. make sure u kn what ur talking about please

scott 06 said:
there is were u told ppl not to come

Did you pass reading comprehension class?

Can anyone else see where I said not to come. I simply stated that if you bring your kids, make sure they have some protection!

When a driveshaft breaks it goes anywhere it can while rotating. My buddy's first gen dodge broke a front driveshaft at Sudlersville in April, it dented his oil pan, pinched his oil lines shut, and sent u-joint caps and needle bearings in every direction as it spun wildly under the truck, that was a street class truck where shields weren't required.

So every person running in the open class will have front and rear u-joint shields? I doubt that, requiring them and enforcing them are 2 different things. If the cut off for open class is any aftermarket turbo, then there is gonna be a ton of trucks that will be forced to pull open, and I can tell you that less than half of those folks have driveshaft loops and u-joint shields. You expect me to believe you guys are gonna turn away all those trucks and their $20 for not having the safety equipment...

:hehe:

oldschoolPSD said:

hey man pass some of that over this way, and maybe a :Cheer: or 12

you gonna rip off any bumper or bend any hitches this weekend?

You never know what the Ape **** team be bringin'

Actually I don't think any of our little crew will be up there, maybe Milky (blue '01 Dodge w/ big bumper) but not me or the Tank or the '96 Cummins that runs with us. We got a steam show in Arcadia to go to. Besides, last time all the gravel in the "track" ate up my paint...

scott 06 said:
wen a driveshaft breaks where does it go? down rite
and as far as safety Equipment goes we do require driveshaft loops, and u-joint sheilds. so before you go saying stuff. make sure u kn what ur talking about please

Well i guess the ol dodge is staying home Sunday even if my new shaft does come in Friday

we try to enforce the rules the most we can. and keep everyone happy, if the truck is not lifted the chances of flying parts coming out from underneath of the truck are lil to none. And correct me if im wrong was there trucks in the open class at the buck not running loops and sheilds? And i also beleive the buck doesnt require loops unless the truck has a 4inch lift or higher? the buck is the biggest pulling place around, and they dont enforce every rule. It doesnt matter what we do there is always going to be someone unhappy or in need of some tissues

getblown5.9 said:

I took this statement as a kind of funny, general messing around type deal, deffinently never told anyone not to come.

Water/Meth is not that big of a deal, lil bit of a power adder but mostly to help maintain EGT's. But nitrous on the other hand is lil bit different especially if you can only 530hp on #2 and 790hp on spray big difference than 20-50hp with meth.$.02

scott 06 said:
we try to enforce the rules the most we can. and keep everyone happy, if the truck is not lifted the chances of flying parts coming out from underneath of the truck are lil to none. And correct me if im wrong was there trucks in the open class at the buck not running loops and sheilds? And i also beleive the buck doesnt require loops unless the truck has a 4inch lift or higher? the buck is the biggest pulling place around, and they dont enforce every rule. It doesnt matter what we do there is always going to be someone unhappy or in need of some tissues

In all seriousness dude, not arguing, don't take this the wrong way, but do not try to be anything like the Buck, those guys are clueless and make their rules up as they go. The only reason they get a turnout is because the prize money is more than double what you can win anywhere else.

The only truck in the mod class that pulled saturday night with out loops was dzlfarmboy, his turbo was like a hair too big for the stock class (2.5 inducer) so they told him to pull modified and they did clear him without the loops. The other 9 trucks had loops, thats one of the things they actually did check on the trucks.

When you have trucks pushing twice the factory HP, they should have loops so someone doesnt get hurt, lifted or not. DHRA rules state that U-joints not visible from the side of the truck (tucked above frame rails) do not need to be shrouded in all classes but Work stock (which is intake exhaust, chips, STOCK turbo, STOCK fuel system). If a spectator were to get hurt, you guys would prolly never be able to get insurance down there again, you may or may not know how expensive it is from the get go to have those events insured, and usually those insurance companies will set and/or approve of your rules.

As for the nitrous thing, we all know there are few trucks that have it, and most of those guys don't want to waste a motor for a local pull by running it, but its most likely the young egotistical kid who has just a chip and some nitrous on his truck and no self control, he's the kind who is gonna try to spray it down the track and end up with catastrophic engine and/or driveline failure.

Back