sump on obs tanks?

fummins97

Has anyone installed a fuel sump like bdp sells on the rear metal tank of an obs? There is kind of a built in sump on there and I want to install beans but they need more flat area then the tank has. Seems these sumps are only good for the newer plastic tanks.

I've seen that, its cheap and easy, I am just a little worried with snow banks, off roading and the wife's driving that it will get knocked off or bent.

Any kinda sump you put on there could get messed if something were to hit it that bad. I'll snap a pic of mine if I remember to tommorow

Any kinda sump you put on there could get messed if something were to hit it that bad. I'll snap a pic of mine if I remember to tommorow

well I have a little more faith in a full billet sump verse just a welded 90* fitting is all I'm saying. I was thinking maybe doing the fitting and weld on some kind of a half moon shaped shied

I bought a 60 weld on sump with 2 1/2 npt fittings from flebay works great with my dual sd pump's

I saw those, looks like they would work good. I ended up doing the bdp sump and got it in last night, just need to test it now for leaks.

I welded a 1/2 npt and its a 38 gallon
IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

Holy crap, guys, read my damn post, I understand that the fitting works, but like I've said I wanted something a bit more stable. My post was for pics of a sump on a ford tank. Its done and leak free. thanks for the responses, but all were worthless to me.

Holy crap, guys, read my damn post, I understand that the fitting works, but like I've said I wanted something a bit more stable. My post was for pics of a sump on a ford tank. Its done and leak free. thanks for the responses, but all were worthless to me.

any pics of your sump?

I've seen that, its cheap and easy, I am just a little worried with snow banks, off roading and the wife's driving that it will get knocked off or bent.

To think about your previous post if its BDP new style the first time you remotely hit something its probably gonna start leaking. Since Aluminum is softer than Steel.The Aluminum is not going to grab and hold into the steel like plastic/Poly. The new desgin is to clamp into the plastic Not steel. If you open your eyes you will see I posted a Ford OBS Fuel tank. Also last time I checked Welding steel to steel is still pretty stable

Settle down chief u might get a better response from people if u bought a newer truck and not keep trying to polish a tird :bang: sorry bud but not many people have old steel tanks anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any pics of your sump?
I'll get some when the truck is done.

To think about your previous post if its BDP new style the first time you remotely hit something its probably gonna start leaking. Since Aluminum is softer than Steel.The Aluminum is not going to grab and hold into the steel like plastic/Poly. The new desgin is to clamp into the plastic Not steel. If you open your eyes you will see I posted a Ford OBS Fuel tank. Also last time I checked Welding steel to steel is still pretty stable
So take this for what its worth, and I'm being nice, not sarcastic. I asked for a pic of a sump kit on an obs tank. Although I appreciate the responses, I got pics of welded fittings. Yours being the last one, maybe you took it sorely, but seriously. I don't plan on bash testing this sump, but I like a 3 1/2" clamped billet piece against a 1" fitting on maybe 2 mm thick metal, but its my opinion, and we could argue all night about it, if that was what the thread was about, but it wasn't so now its all just time wasted. Then you had to sound not smart with this response ending about me opening my eyes, well sir, learn to read.

Settle down chief u might get a better response from people if u bought a newer truck and not keep trying to polish a tird :bang: sorry bud but not many people have old steel tanks anymore
if I bought a newer truck? thanks chief, tell your dad to buy me a new one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back