Suncoast Converter problem

Striper

Wildlife Tormenter
Just wondering if there was anyone out there that has had any problems with a Suncoast Triple-disc converter.
It appears that my converter seized and would not unlock causing me to snap my second billet input shaft in 3 months. I still have a stock output shaft in the tranny which should be my weak link.
The first shaft that failed was a TCS shaft that was supposedly defective. When I had it fixed, which wasn't cheap,I insisted on having a Sonnax shaft installed. This one failed upon decelerating as I was getting off of the highway. The mechanic that did the removal today says that it appears to still be locked up.
Since the first shaft broke, I have removed my Dr. P box and turned down my Smarty as well because I cannot afford to keep putting more money into a $6000 tranny. Now I have a second failure that is making me sick to my stomach.
Has anyone else heard of any problems with Suncoast converters?

I have seen broken shafts do something like this to the converter... but never the converter to the shaft. It's the Chicken and the egg... how's the pump assembly?

Pump is toast. I just can't figure out why the stock output is holding up just fine. Could there be something wrong with the valvebody? Maybe too much line pressure?

if you need a sun cost tranny guy. this guy all he does is dodge trannys and works with people all over the country. his name is dusty and i think his shop is hts. his web sight is htstransmissions.com if need his number pm me. i was there on monday to have a tc and vb put in and he had it done in 2 hours.

You had to pay to have a defective TCS input replaced? UGH! I know Dave Goerend would have warrantied it 100% in his tranny. Its not a customers fault for a defective part. As far as the triple disc TC he sells those with lifetime warranties also.

Back