Super duty 12v conversion..

Loaded burrito

I am in the middle of my conversion... I have been searching and reading for the past 6 months and there are some things people didnt go into detail about...

-How to wire fss
-How to attach shift cable to trans
-bracket to hold shift cable
-wireing to turn over with key
-power steering lines
-Ends to heatercore to will not accept heater hose
-lower radiator hose
-How to get tach woring

I would like this to not only help me but help others.. Im sure i am forgetting things so i will add when they come to mind.. Thanks

What year truck and what are you doing for a trans? Some more details will allow for more informed responses.

The only thing I don't know is the tach, those can be funky. The rest can be solved using pipe adapters or light fab work. Same with the wiring, there is nothing custom about it.

I am in the middle of my conversion... I have been searching and reading for the past 6 months and there are some things people didnt go into detail about...

-How to wire fss
-How to attach shift cable to trans
-bracket to hold shift cable
-wireing to turn over with key
-power steering lines
-Ends to heatercore to will not accept heater hose
-lower radiator hose
-How to get tach woring

I would like this to not only help me but help others.. Im sure i am forgetting things so i will add when they come to mind.. Thanks

What I did for the tach and seems to work well is machine 2 extra grooves in the cummins balencer so there is a total of 4 equal spaced. Then used the factory crank sensor and wiring.

Heater line's hooked right up for me, lower raditator hose I was able to use the lower raditor hose for the same yr 7.3l trruck and used a short peice of pipe to get the right angle.

Cant help on the PS line, or transmisson stuff as I used a ford transmission and Ford PS pump.

Mike

Back