Super duty Cummins using 2nd gen manifold?

BigBlue12V

I swear I'm not crazy but at some point saw a second gen manifold pic in a Super Duty and it was angled down like in a dodge. I can't find the pic now. I know most people don't use this setup but I have a polydyne stainless header that I really wanna use and it will not mount upside down. It keeps stock turbo placement. I'm using an hx35/40 hybrid. Also a Jacobs exhaust brake that mounts on back of turbo flange in place of elbow. Think I'll have room for all this? Haven't got engine out of excursion yet.
Thanks
Eric

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2nd gen are angled sideways and 3rd gen are straight down

I'm aware of this. The picture I saw was using a 2nd gen manifold in the down/normal Dodge position (not flipped upside down) they seem to clear if flipped, depending on turbo size, but I can't flip my header. My header has same turbo placement as a stock 2nd gen manifold.

It won't clear if its not flipped, the third gen manifold with a stock turbo is tight enough already

I forgot to mention, most swaps use the method of moving engine back to clear mechanical fan, I'm not planning on moving mine back as I'm using electric fans and trying to avoid drive shaft mods.

Back