Super lift

rgullett83

Hey I know I am GM guy, but I like all big trucks, so I will share this with you guys whom will appreciate it. 2004 Harley Davidson edition F-350. I put a 6" Super lift in here are some pics

Attachments

• superdty lift 001.jpg
    superdty lift 001.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 10
  • superdty lift 003.jpg
    superdty lift 003.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 8
  • superdty lift 004.jpg
    superdty lift 004.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 9
  • superdty lift 006.jpg
    superdty lift 006.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 6
  • superdty lift 005.jpg
    superdty lift 005.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 8
Wheels and tires will be here Thursday, so I will get the final pics up then. Also I am chasing a vibration now, I know it is coming from the carrier bearing, I have tried a few different things to eliminate it with the drop bracket superlift sent, without any luck. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• superdty lift 013.jpg
    superdty lift 013.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 5
  • superdty lift 012.jpg
    superdty lift 012.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 13
  • superdty lift 008.jpg
    superdty lift 008.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4
  • superdty lift 007.jpg
    superdty lift 007.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 4
I had this problem with a 4" lift and went with a smaller block and an add a leaf. I'm sure ladder bars would help.

lookin good

Did superlift send you a stack of shims or just one block to throw in there?

If you have shims, i recommend starting with about 1" in there, and then play with more or less from there.

Also, is the block on the axle flat or tapered?

Traction bars are going to help out a lot though, since with large amounts of block, that pinion has a lot of room to change its angle between hard acceleration and coasting.

Superlift sent a block that is tapered for the carrier bearing, I am going to try a few different things with it. The lift blocks that came with the lift for the rear were not tapered, which I thought was weird, every other lift I have installed, the blocks were tapered.

I have a superlift also and experienced similar probs.. Ended up getting taller 1 piece lift blocks from DR and pinion shims to make it good. Stacked blocks are not a good idea. Vibration is gone, but I added traction bars and strongly recommend them.

On that truck, you do want a flat block, which is good. My guess would be not quite the right shim on the carrier bearing, which is magnified by axle wrap.

Heres a couple pics of the finished products, and the drop bracket for the carrier bearing. I tried a few different things with the drop bracket, and got the vibration a little better, but he has an appointment at a spring shop, to take care of it. Thanks for the replies.

Riley

Attachments

• superdty lift 015.jpg
    superdty lift 015.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 6
  • superdty lift 014.jpg
    superdty lift 014.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 8
  • superdty lift 016.jpg
    superdty lift 016.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 9
  • superdty lift 017.jpg