Super single front, dual rears...

LOGANSTANFORTH

WORKIN' MAN'S DOLLAR
I'm about to pick up a new project truck. It's a 89 F350 with a Cummins and a 5 speed Getrag swapped in. I'm buying a Getrag with a Ford 205 bolted on it with an Advance Adapters adapter between them. I've got a ball-joint Dana 60 from a 1996 F350 SRW that I plan on using for a front axle. I'm going to use 77-79 F150 4x4 radius rods and mounts along with weld on Axle C's from James Duff to put it all together. I'll just buy 1/2 ton big block coil springs or cut some lift springs down to the desired height.

Anyways. I want to run wide singles in the front and duals in the rear. I would like to run 255/85/16's in the rear and a 305/70/16 in the front, I really wanted to use a 295/75/16 but you can't get matching tires in 255/85 from any company. I have thought about just running 16's on the rear and a set of 17's on the front to get matching tires of the same height...

What has everyone else done?

Why not just run the same tire in the back, but put a wider wheel in the front? That's what I did.

Why not just run the same tire in the back, but put a wider wheel in the front? That's what I did.

Same here!! Lots of wheel choices out there that either look like DRW rears or are the same design.....

Back