Surge under load and fluctuating idle sounds?

Coxy

For the last while my truck while idling, sounds like the vanes in the turbo move randomly. Normal hiss, then normal throaty idle, then back to hissing. Yesterday with about 1500 pounds payload on the truck, the truck started to buck/surge while climbing a summit, converter locked, decent rpm, egt's stayed steady, stock boost gauge didnt seem to bounce as far as i could tell, etc. Just felt like i was on and off the throttle repeatedly, then quit doing it. Any guesses? Couldnt seem to find anything searching*bdh*

thanks guys

No sir, cruise was not used. I started noticing it while warming up the truck. Every now and then it sounds like the exhaust starts flowing open, then back to the normal vacuum cleaner sound, on again off again. I get a fair amount of blue smoke at cold idle, but that wasnt concerning me till this. Then just noticed it surging/bucking converter locked up in "4th". Geared down, it was fine, even when it got horny and went to 5th, it went away. Hopefully i can replicate it again, to see what the boost gauge does, if anything.
I checked the EGT's, as back in the day i had the vanes stick at 0 boost and have it blow smoke, but this wasnt the same.

Thanks alot guys

Back