suspension advice

VTECSTI

THE THREAD KILLER
in terms of rear suspension what do you 2.6/2.8 dedicated pullers run? my suspension stops are fabbed up and i have removed the factory lift blocks and replaced them with aluminum pieces. how far did yall go up? i would think the higher you could go with solid suspension (blocked) the more of a lever effect you can get, and keep the sled nose off the ground. how high is safe? i have larger ubolts and plates, just curious as to what yall did. for the front i removed my leveling kit and replaced with stiffer springs and shock to help cope with the hop i have had previously. any advice/pictures are great, i can post some of my initial setup as well.
this is on a 98.5 ext. cab lwb srw.

I would think the higher you block up your rearend the more leverage the sled has to pull the front of your truck off the ground, causing you to lose front end traction.

your limmited to 26" of hitch height no matter how high you jack the a$$ end of your truck up. at least here in ohio and at national NADM pulls. i have found that stock rear height or lowered a little bit was the best set up for me.

I've seen a lot of trucks lifted in the rear and nothing in the front is the only reason I ask. Seems like too much would be a bad thing but if it is blocked solid the front end won't come up.

If its block solid it will still pull the front end up. The front of the truck helps apply levearge. I can see putting the backend up when using a drawbar style hitch but dont see how it helps when you have to use a reese style hitch.

If its block solid it will still pull the front end up. The front of the truck helps apply levearge. I can see putting the backend up when using a drawbar style hitch but dont see how it helps when you have to use a reese style hitch.

Yep I understand now, wasn't getting my head around the fact I wasn't using a drawbar. 2.8 blows that you have to use a reese style...

All trucks are different in thier setup. Some pull better at stock hieght, others pull better lifter an inch, 4 inches, or lowered a littlebit that stock or alot lower. You will just have to play with it and see how your truck likes it.

Like kino fab said you will have to play with it. Start with it at stock height since it is there and see what it does. I feel that level is usually the way to go but what do I know???

As it sits it is 4 inches higher in the rear and leveling kit removed in the front. Guess ill just start here and see what happens after the test n tune and go from there. Got a kind of cool weight rack idea I wanna try out.

Back