Suspension blocks, quick question

cummins724

BREAKING $HIT
I am building a set of blocks & was wondering where the blocks are suppose to hit? My truck has the block below the spring which has a bracket which kicks off to the side. This is where the factory bump stop hits. Do I cut that off & get the blocks to sit right on the axle? Or just build my blocks to hit where the factory bump stops hit?

I have seen trucks that use the factory bump stops bounce like a pogo stick from the rubber acting like a spring. I would pull the stock ones out and go from there.

I have seen trucks that use the factory bump stops bounce like a pogo stick from the rubber acting like a spring. I would pull the stock ones out and go from there.

X2

You want metal on metal if at all possible.

I'm removing the rubber bumpstops. I'm talking about the bottom of the blocks contact point. The truck has lift blocks under the springs which have a bracket which kicks out to the side for the factory bumpstops to contact on.

I'm removing the rubber bumpstops. I'm talking about the bottom of the blocks contact point. The truck has lift blocks under the springs which have a bracket which kicks out to the side for the factory bumpstops to contact on.

yes let them hit on the tab that sticks out of the lift blocks...its plenty strong. thats where mine sit.

Yeah just get some 3 1/2" channel and some 1 1/2" strap and make them bolt in place of your factory bump stops. You can also make a plate on the bottom of them with a hole and you can weld a big nut inside of them so your able to use a bolt to make them fully blocked, but build them to have about 1 1/2" of travel cause thats what alot of places rules are.

Yeah just get some 3 1/2" channel and some 1 1/2" strap and make them bolt in place of your factory bump stops. You can also make a plate on the bottom of them with a hole and you can weld a big nut inside of them so your able to use a bolt to make them fully blocked, but build them to have about 1 1/2" of travel cause thats what alot of places rules are.

I built mine out of 2 pieces of square tubing which fit together very nicely, quick pin design with different height adjustments. The tubing attaches to a piece of angle iron on top & flat plate on bottom. I'm not finished with them yet, but they are turning out very nice.

I built mine out of 2 pieces of square tubing which fit together very nicely, quick pin design with different height adjustments. The tubing attaches to a piece of angle iron on top & flat plate on bottom. I'm not finished with them yet, but they are turning out very nice.

pics buddy, PICS!

Yeah we need some pics. I have seen the same ones before but everyone is different. I need to make some new ones so I am searching all the different ideas.

heres a pic of what I came up with
001-3.jpg

I didn't get the blocks welded up tonight, I was trying to drill holes in 1/2" plate for my traction bars. It isn't easy at all, wish I would have used 1/4" plate, but I like overkill.

Back