Suspension questions

Danamo250

'02 ecsb 2500 was thinking of installing a leveling kit and getting some new shocks since I just hit the century mark was curious what your guy's opinions were on leveling kits and recommendations its a dd put on about 15k a year and will probably have a boss straight blade on it this season. Also going to need some tires I was looking at the Cooper Discover A/T3 anyone running those or suggestions?

im not really sure how well a stock front end that has been leveled will hold up with a plow on it seeing as how the steering sytem on them is pretty weak. i was torn between leveling kit and regular 4 inch lift. i spent the money and went with the real lift cuz i liked the way it rode and im glad i did because everything up front is straight as an arrow( tie-rods, cv's, control arms, etc.) my buddy leveled his truck and everyhting on his is at a sick angle, it rides like hell, and its wearing out his front end parts fast. either way you go it will look better, its all in how much money you want to spend and how long you want your front end to last.

As long as you don't drag race or sled pull leveling keys and longer shocks will serve you well. They just won't allow you to drop it enough to do either of those.

Tough decision I would like to do a 4 inch lift but having to install tires too and wanting to get rid of the horrendous American Racing wheels that the owner before me installed for the original HD wheels I just don't have the cash unless someone happens to have a lift kit for cheap or cheaper I should say and some OEM wheels for sale!

As long as you don't drag race or sled pull leveling keys and longer shocks will serve you well. They just won't allow you to drop it enough to do either of those.

What he said, if you do these (or off road at all with it like towing a farm trailer over some rough areas) go bigger than needed on the lift and lower the T bars down so you don't break stuff. If you just need the 4x4 every now and then for wet grass (like most people do) then a leveling kit is fine

Tough decision I would like to do a 4 inch lift but having to install tires too and wanting to get rid of the horrendous American Racing wheels that the owner before me installed for the original HD wheels I just don't have the cash unless someone happens to have a lift kit for cheap or cheaper I should say and some OEM wheels for sale!

yea i lucked out and found a new lift someone had in there garage and never installed for 1000. i put eagle 187 wheels and 33x12.5x17 cooper discover stt tires on and it was about 3k for everything, minus what i paid for the upgraded steering components. i might also tell you that putting a real lift on your truck kinda sucks and is very time consuming, this part also steers some people away so i will let you know now. the front diff has to come out and you have to cut the top mount off, so theres no coming back from it!

Back