Suspension/Shocks

brcdmax

Well the truck is getting ready to go in the shop for injectors, hubs, brakes etc. and I need some guidance on suspension.

Question one: Ok so I installed Rough Country leveling kit (torsion keys) in my 2004 RCLB a while back and the ride pretty much sucks... I put up with it for a while but I am ready to upgrade to some +2 or 2-4 inch shocks.

My question is if I decide to go that route what are the part numbers for either Bilstiens or Ranchos in order to get the correct shocks for a better ride?

Question number two: If I go that route and decide in the near future to lower my truck with some staggered 20's am I gonna lose that smooth ride and have to swap shocks again? I definitely want to upgrade wheels and tires and lower the truck a little to get that raked look, but that will be 6 months or so out because I have to pay for injectors and other parts...

I appreciate the help in advance guys!

Decent shocks + taller lower mount for the time being, then if you do decide to lower the truck back down, just change back to the old OEM lower mount?

Sounds like the smartest route to take. I just ordered the mounts!

Back