Suspension/Steering problem

Could be shocks, tires, axle shaft u-joints (It happened on mine). Dual steering stabilizer will only mask the problem, not fix it.

couldnt have said it any better. fix the problem before you throw un-needed extra parts on the truck

just a quick question, what kind of tires are you running? bfg's alot of time belive it or not can cause the death wobble, and it doing it after just hitting a bump can be caused by many of things, and can go away after you drive through it, even if its the tires. also, some of the moog products dont seem to be so hot even if they are new. also, track bar wise, if you get the bracket you can use a bunch of different track bars. like thuren, carli, dss to name a few. also, as said before, steering stabilizers more or less just mask the issue. not to ramble on, just trying to help.

Last edited:
I had mastercrafts on it when it was doing it. Then I put on a set of terra grapplers and havent had a single problem yet.

But the things I plan on changing is going to a DT profab trac bar, getting a borgenson steering shaft and probably extended upper and lower control arms.

How big of a deal are those caster bolts on the lower control arms? I broke the original ones and never found any on the web so I just put 9/16 bolts back in. I found that LMC truck has them but they are 125 bucks for both sides. I really hate to spend that but I need to get this front end back to normal and not wanting to worry about it any more.

the ones on the lower front control arm i take it? well, that is what adjusts you caster, so kind of important, and if you dont have a washer or something that can stop it from rotating it could be real bad. but, just go to you local stealership, they should have them. if not, acouple days out. usually about $10-15 a bolt from them. you should have the 14mm lower bolt. they may also call it a cam bolt there. because of the essentric(sp?) washer

Last edited:
the ones on the lower front control arm i take it? well, that is what adjusts you caster, so kind of important, and if you dont have a washer or something that can stop it from rotating it could be real bad. but, just go to you local stealership, they should have them. if not, acouple days out. usually about $10-15 a bolt from them. you should have the 14mm lower bolt. they may also call it a cam bolt there. because of the essentric(sp?) washer

Ok, Ill call the dealership tomorrow and see what they say about them then. But what does the caster do? I know what camber is.. is it the opposite?

it adjusts how much the angle of the knuckle is foward or back, it changes how it steers. if you look at it youll probably figure it out easier than me explaning it, it rolls the bottom of the axle back and foward, our trucks respond really well to just being at the 12o'clock position for the most part. most dealer ships will want the last 9 of your vin to find the part for ya, just fyi

it adjusts how much the angle of the knuckle is foward or back, it changes how it steers. if you look at it youll probably figure it out easier than me explaning it, it rolls the bottom of the axle back and foward, our trucks respond really well to just being at the 12o'clock position for the most part. most dealer ships will want the last 9 of your vin to find the part for ya, just fyi

Ok, that makes sense now... Ill definitely have to get those then because Im having all sorts of problems with my front end. Thanks a lot!

no problem. let me know if you need anything else.
pat

My boy waqs going nuts trying to find his wobble. was a bunch of stuff. The control arms had major play plus the tires, and the used AGR steering box he putin all contributed. Any way I was going to rebuild my shaft, but all i have is chain auto parts store round here and the cant get the u joints for the steering shaft. They probally could if I gave them a pn to cross but.... That is a good idea I buck up and try the dealer for the u joints and start from the top down on my stgeering rebuild

Back