swapping intercoolers

DieselheaD

Has anyone had good luck using a better flowing aftermarket intercooler from another application in their 2nd gen dodge?

I can't remember who it was but I think they used a 6.0 for intercooler.

I've found some quality aftermarket units on ebay that I want to try but they don't offer a 2nd gen unit. They got 6.0, 7.3 , 3rd gen, and many others.

What's the benefits from an aftermarket drop in? To me it would be worth my time to just drop in and bolt up. Not have to worry about making brackets and mounting. Just .02

What's the benefits from an aftermarket drop in? To me it would be worth my time to just drop in and bolt up. Not have to worry about making brackets and mounting. Just .02

I can't find the aftermarket drop in for my 2nd gen from the company my buddy got his 3rd gen unit from... Looks like other aftermarket apps have better flowing end designs

Last edited:
I just ordered a Mishimoto unit for mine. Unfortunately, back ordered till the beginning of November.

I recently got a Mishimoto for mine. Fit was really good and its a very beefy unit compared to stock. I didn't weigh them side by side but the Mishi is a decent amount heavier. For the money i'm quite happy with the purchase.

I'll probably go the mishimoto route, it looks nice and everyone seems to be happy with them.

How about an on3? I think lavon used one for a while with good results. They are very inexpensive too.

Back